Red Fords

bulldogboy

The Sugar Hill, NH Fire Department has a twin to Valley Fire Equipment's Ford. One of Sugar Hill's first trucks when the department was organized in 1948, theirs is

also a 1939 model pickup. It was restored by department members a few years ago. Valley Fire Equipment in Bradford, NH also has an early "B" model Mack on display

in front of their building. I don't get up that way very often but someday I would like to get a picture of it.

bulldogboy

• 1 month later...

In 2011, the Plymouth, MA Fire Department put a tanker into service with this same Ford "F" chassis and a Bulldog Fire Apparatus body. It's a 1988, 500/2100, red cab with a black body.

I didn't know that it is a former Army vehicle. I don't have a picture of it but there is one on the Plymouth, MA apparatus page on "firenews.org".

bulldogboy

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1936 FORD COE 

Ron Waters Photo

1935 ford coe.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...
On 8/20/2016 at 10:32 PM, BillyT said:

Greendash, I grew up in mcmurray pa,used to weld on J andL Steels barge fleet on the Mon river in Floreffe Pa.Small world huh?

I'm a transplanted Long Islander and drive for Pitt Ohio out of Eighty Four, PA. Got a nice view of the Mon from up here on the hill.

• Like 1

Jim

Greendash, I owned a home in Windser Highlands,moved from there to Weeki wachee Florida,where I am now.Pitt Ohio didn't have a terminal in 84 when I lived in Washington County.Are they by the race track or in 84 proper? Overnight had a terminal by the Racetrack, did they take it over when UPS. Bought Overnight? I spent many a night at the little t.s. in 84 off I70.Furthest I've been on the "island" is Ronkonkoma,used to deliver to a building supply there

• Like 1