Red Fords

bulldogboy

My 55 F-600 after we towed it out of the barn and got it running..

Nice-looks like aan early spring/winter scene-still have it? No visible rust!

My dealer spec book shows the 6-53N a limited F/T series option after August 1966, which is close to the model year production shift. It also shows from 1963 to 1966 on C, F,N and P (parcel chassis) there was a a English made Dagenham 330-cid 6 cylinder Diesel or a Dorset 363-cid 6 cylinder Diesel available for "Municipal Contract Trucks only" ( state and county trucks? ) Hollander Interchange show a D.D. 6V series interchange with the Dagenham with a FoMoCo conversion kit which it shows consists of mounts, linkage, coolant hoses, head pipe, Starter assembly and a misc hardware kit. After years anything is possible i suppose. Paul

Wow-"dealer spec book"-Good info. I was of the belief that the 363 was available across the board in C series- Blackdog-Adley Express before you were born- C model straight job P & D units!

I posted it on facebook- it stars Farmer52 and MHFred.

https://www.facebook.com/william.t.blackwell

OD- tried to open-only thing I got was about four pictures-I'm not a Facebook person so maybe that is a restriction?

Nice-looks like aan early spring/winter scene-still have it? No visible rust!

Wow-"dealer spec book"-Good info. I was of the belief that the 363 was available across the board in C series- Blackdog-Adley Express before you were born- C model straight job P & D units!

OD- tried to open-only thing I got was about four pictures-I'm not a Facebook person so maybe that is a restriction?

I've managed to get a lot of dealer sales spec books over the years, and one thing I have learned is the spec book are NOT always match what ended up in production. They were generally printed before the model year started, so specs at the time changed in production or mid year. Appears not all dealers added the updated page(s) to them. So the information is not always accurate.

Before the age of mega dealers, my father and I would ask about old stock and old catalogs and sales literature. Most were happy to get rid of the stuff for a few bucks. I went to countless older hardware stores, dealerships and auto parts stores buying old stock. Made a good bit on money over the past 25 years at Hersey, Carlile and other swap meets and on line selling NORS parts, interchange manuals, parts books and dealer spec books. Spend 15 years buying up farm equipment and harvest trucks as the Long Island farms go under. Some sold and a lot parted out and some still in my barns.

I'm just shy of 62 so a lot was before my time. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Red Horse

Thanks!! It only has 32,800 original miles. It is in my garage but have not done much work on it yet. Originally purchased on Long Island but came to South Carolina almost new. The only rust is some surface rust on the front of the hood and grille piece.

Brocky

Brocky

Red Horse

Thanks!! It only has 32,800 original miles. It is in my garage but have not done much work on it yet. Originally purchased on Long Island but came to South Carolina almost new. The only rust is some surface rust on the front of the hood and grille piece.

Brocky

Very nice. IMO, the 53-55's were a timeless design. If you showed a "civilian" a new F-650 and the 53-55 F-6 00, and asked him to guess difference in ages, my guess is he/she would not come close that there is over 60 years between the two. The 56 with the wrap around windshield was almost a step backwards-and I guess that given the fact the wrap around look only lasted 4 years I guess it was!

This is from from wikipedia,

The Mercury M-Series pickup truck was produced between 1946 and 1968 byFord Motor Company of Canada, primarily for Canada. Early versions often came with a higher output (CM-1 designated) Mercury/Ford flathead V8 engine over and above the unique Mercury-specific grille, badging and trim that adorned every Mercury M-Series truck.

The M-Series was introduced in Canada because smaller communities either had a Ford dealer or a Lincoln-Mercury-Meteor dealer, but not both; a Mercury truck line offered more opportunities for truck sales.

Keith 

• 3 months later...

Always liked that era of FORDs. My first boss is still driving his '65 F-350 that he had custom built with a 3-53 Detroit in it.They turboed it in '80 during its 1st rebuild.It has almost 250,000 miles on it now. Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 1 month later...