fedex accident

mowerman

Now a few minutes ago I heard on the radio that the CHIPS and CALDOT spokesmen said they feel the eye witnesses are wrong about the truck being on fire before the accident. Witnesses telling the same story are wrong?

I agree with the RV drivers getting a test for a License endorsement to drive them an air brake endorsement would be good too, but that would probably open an entire process that would end RV and antique truck driving. You know the gubberment never does thing half adzed.

What I would like to see is that part of the driving test includes entering and exiting an Expressway or Freeway. About one out of 50 actually know how to used the entrance and exit lanes.

Paul

excellent,,,you know you just wind up switching lanes,,,gets annoying...bob

And best of all.....no DOUBLES ENDORSEMENT NEEDED,gearhead204! I'm not one for more regulations,but some of these motorhomes are a little big for their drivers (if you know what I mean). I think there should be an RV classification on your drivers license (CDL holders exempt), also. Most of these people have no concept of air brake operation,backing,passing,etc. Sorry,my .02! Al

...and of course there's no restrictions on how long they can drive either. They can leave northern Idaho after they get off work and drive straight to sunny south Florida without a break if they want to,

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

As a strange coincidence while I was reading this thread now, the news came on in the other room about the accident. They also reported what Paul said. The truck wasn't on fire. They also said the driver never applied brakes.

Seems the last thing they want to admit is it was an accident caused by a careless driver in a car? No deep pockets there but a major company? Sue Sue Sue. Sure the lawyers are "helping" the investigation along"

Any thing happening to help the Fed Ex drivers family?

Keep us in the loop.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I can't understand how an eyewitness account is disputed? They say "no evidence of previous fire"-how the hell do you come to that conclusion-truck was toast! Also couple of other "facts"-at least as reported. Fed Ex driver was I believe 32/34? That sort of says to me, highly unlikely he had a medical emergency. Also, no sign of brake application. That says to me he fell asleep or was unconscious. Even if he was asleep, the minute he hit the median think he would have been awake and on the brakes?

Now eyewitness says flames were coming out from under cab. Not illogical to me that if there was a fire, could he have been knocked out very quickly by some very toxic smoke?

Nothing adds up IMO. I think one of the photos I saw showed an intact hood section-looked like a Volvo. Autopsy report should have some good clues as to just what happened.

this was all caused by a video that insulted the Islamic faith. according to eye witness accounts a group of Islamic hitch hikers started jay walking and a fed-ex truck had to swerve to avoid hitting them thus hitting a bus for real that's what really happened no reason to look any were else.that the gods honest truth. There was a on board camera but it melted in the fire, federal motor vehicles department. is in charge of further findings. see any idiot can wright a story filled full of b.s. and hope the majority of the public digests this trash and say OK and move on to the next headline.

I heard that comment about no evidence of a pre existing fire.

I will tell you from my experience as an expert witness that eye witness testimony can be very bad. You need to look at there first statement and only deal with the big points.

I can see a car hitting the fuel tank and breaking a fitting off. I wonder if fuel spraying on the hot exhaust would ignite.

I had the same thought about the fire rendering the driver unconscious

Seems the last thing they want to admit is it was an accident caused by a careless driver in a car? No deep pockets there but a major company? Sue Sue Sue. Sure the lawyers are "helping" the investigation along"

Any thing happening to help the Fed Ex drivers family?

Keep us in the loop.

Paul

i understand theres something setup on facebook,,,guy i was going to pump for info,,,wasnt there last night i did hear he had 2 brand new boxes,,,they were both empty....bob

i understand theres something setup on facebook,,,guy i was going to pump for info,,,wasnt there last night i did hear he had 2 brand new boxes,,,they were both empty....bob

bob, do you know what kind of tractor he was drivin? Could there be an issue with something on the tractor maybe?

BULLHUSK

you know,,,the more i think about it,,,i knew this guy pretty well,,,and he didnt move very fast,,and didnt get too excited over anything,,,maybe he veered out slightly towards the mediun,,,to avoid something,,,and braked slightly,,,maybe thats why no skid marks,,,he didnt panic keeping calm,,and something caught his front tire and pulled him in deeper to other side,,,maybe a blowout...or something sticking up oooohhh but wait,,, now that they got the all mighty hand picked dummy,s from obambi,s washington DC on it...im sure everything will be solved to the publics approval....alll speculation,,,wish him the best...bob

Actually a fuel tank will explode if hit by a vehicle right. A few years back a pickup crossed the center line and there happened to be a CL mack there. He ended up swerving enough to got the fuel tank. The tank was a 90 gallon about half full, the impact made it explode. Burnt both vehicles to a crisp. Trucker got lucky and walked away....thanks to the mack steel cabs. But the fuel tank was totally inside out and melted.

The RV industry has lobbyist , I heard that long ago, and they lobby to keep a CDL requirement or anything such from being needed to buy they 500,000 dollar RV mom and pop are driving. It hurts business....

I think a CDL or similar endorsement should be required on a license for a RV and any truck at all over 26k gross. People could learn a lot.

• Like 1

Amen to that. Watched a 30 ish couple in a new F350 crew cab with a 36 or 38 foot fifth wheel RV trailer with a Jeep Liberty on a tow bar this morning. They pulled into 7/11's side lot and than found they couldn't make the turn to get to the exit. Couldn't back the combo up to get out the entrance. I watched the circus act for about 10 minutes and finally left. The entire time looking at the big " I rented this from L.I. RV & Trailer Sales" sign on the back of it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Amen to that. Watched a 30 ish couple in a new F350 crew cab with a 36 or 38 foot fifth wheel RV trailer with a Jeep Liberty on a tow bar this morning. They pulled into 7/11's side lot and than found they couldn't make the turn to get to the exit. Couldn't back the combo up to get out the entrance. I watched the circus act for about 10 minutes and finally left. The entire time looking at the big " I rented this from L.I. RV & Trailer Sales" sign on the back of it. Paul

thats hilarious.lol watched a guy with a brand new camper,,tear the ac unit clean off,,in a hotel lobby canapy,in bakersfield...like 15 years ago,then he kept on backing over it trying to back out,,i actually felt sorry for him.brand new dodge,and new camper...bob

• Like 1