Movie trucks

Kansas farmer

Maximum Overdrive must have been sponsored by Mack there were a bunch in that movie, of course it was made when Mack pretty much ruled the roads around here. Hell back then I don't think there was a company anywhere that didnt have at least one.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

One U for Vinny

post-3242-0-50257300-1396489822_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

What about Banarama cruel summer video with the NEMF or on the ball they keep changing the name. Vinny will be all over it with all the action of the U and the chicks.

That was a good one blackdog. It must of been pretty cozy in that cab with 3 girls and the driver.

Keith 

What movie is that?

New Jack City. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Maximum Overdrive must have been sponsored by Mack there were a bunch in that movie, of course it was made when Mack pretty much ruled the roads around here. Hell back then I don't think there was a company anywhere that didnt have at least one.

I once took a poll while driving somewhere, back in the 80's. Strictly a non- scientific, unofficial, personal type poll. I took a notepad and wrote Mack, White, KW, Pete, GMC, Freightliner, IH, etc, across the top of the page. Then I put a mark for each one I saw, and I remember that there was more Macks than anything else, I think Internationals were second. I think I went to somewhere in Pa. or Ohio and went across the Pa. Turnpike from Breezewood. But that probably wouldn't be the case further west where Peterbilts and Kenworths were more popular. I was driving an F model at the time.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

From the presidents favorite movie. :) GREEN CARD

post-3242-0-60887800-1396750431_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

What about Banarama cruel summer video with the NEMF or on the ball they keep changing the name. Vinny will be all over it with all the action of the U and the chicks.

Wow, just watched that on YouTube. How times have changed. Good shots of the U bounding down the surface streets but the Boss Hogg type in a NYPD cruiser seemed like an odd choice.

In the first 10 minutes of the Prince of Tides(of course that my wife was watching) there is a NYC street scene where a roll off is dropping a box. For you NY guys it was one of the old Allied Sanitation green paint with red chassis R models . They must of had /about 100 trucks between them and Star Recycling there other company a lot of them chromed out and lit up . Now that I remember you can also see one of there steel nose r models in Goodfellas in the scene where Jimmy knocks the phone booth over.

Local 282 Union Service

There is a scene in one of the episodes of the Sopranos with them dumping asbestos in the Meadowlands with a unmarked green and silver body RD tandem. If you guys find the old thread of the B81 ferom Die Hard I have some interesting stiries about the trucks in the movie.

Rob

There is a scene in one of the episodes of the Sopranos with them dumping asbestos in the Meadowlands with a unmarked green and silver body RD tandem. If you guys find the old thread of the B81 ferom Die Hard I have some interesting stiries about the trucks in the movie.

Rob

post-3242-0-01219200-1397234959_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE