New toy - MH613 Ultraliner

Nice find and congratulations!! Single headlights were standard on the early MHs but these are not in the correct location (at least here in US). If it is a 1991 model, it may originally had quad rectangular headlights. Do you know if the headlight "buckets" are single or quad? I have UPS parts book showing round headlights. I believe most UPS MHs had single round headlights.

Not sure if the linkage is the same for a Fuller tranny but I have parts book showing linkage for Mack tranny. I will scan it and send it to you.

Ken,

I got myself under the fender today and it looked like there were quad's. I supposed it should be that though.

Single round lights look unusual on my mind and I like them by some special way. So resolved to fit on the truck the kind I can find sooner.

post-3971-0-29268700-1396377084_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Ray,

Thank you, but I probably need some additional facts.

I made a quick look over today.

The linkage was probably destroyed with a half-secessful fixing it up.

The semi-spere with the pin wich is on the cab might be fitted into the lower (chassis) part on my mind.

It comes in but doesn't lock there. I just not shure how it should be correct to work.

From the pics you posted I can see those two semi-spheres can couples and gets off when a cab is almost up.

If so what the way the lever in the cab is carried? Mine is just hangs in the rubber boot.

And it seemed to me that the airbags to support the cab are almost gone.

Still trying to figure out what it was layed on...

post-3971-0-98453000-1396377513_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-04574900-1396377524_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-17634100-1396377548_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-57360400-1396377569_thumb.jp

Good score Vlad. Sorry,but I gotta be nosy,what's a non running MH worth in Russia?

No troubles Mike, I don't have a momma to worry she might learn too much.

The truck was offered for about $5500 and was for sale during two weeks before I checked the site out.

It was too reasonable in relation to Visions or Freightliners/Internationals wich are common here and cost $25-30K being 1997-2002.

If you remember white MH with the IH top on the cab it was also not running. The man asked 14K and after some talks stepped out to 11.

After I came close to the green one and made the offer of 4700 the seller said Ok.

I had to spend extra 1500 for 800km towing though.

• Like 1

Good deal for you Vlad. The stickers on windshield are 25 is the weight class it is registered for in Pennsylvania. The 02 -6 is a pennsylvania Inspection Sticker,it tells which year and month safety inspection is due. The New Yok State HUT is Highway Use Tax permit for New York State alone.You had to file miles to New York State to pay additional tax. Several States have them they are called a third tier tax.A little side note of where I live there is a small town by name of Moscow,Pennsylvania. It is in the Northeast section of State. Joe D.

Thank you Joe.

I read Ray's thread about HUT and being surprized to be related to by some way.

The "02-6" sticker also makes sence, the truck was imported in Russia in early 2003.

There's a kind of talk locally that there's the city of Moscow in the USA.

Just have never been involved personally to that fact. Glad to learn it from you.

• Like 1

Vlad,

Looks like the RH cab air bag is GONE! Is the LH one there?

Yes, quad headlight "buckets". Remove the round light and panel....the mounting parts for quads may be there.

UPS MHs likely have single round headlights.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Congratulations,Vlad! The only other truck I have seen with that type of Neway,was a Ford cabover that had been a test truck for Neway and was at the ATHS convention in South Bend,In. I thought it might have been something experimental,as it was different than any other Neway air suspension I had seen. Now,I know of 2 trucks with it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Congratulations,Vlad! The only other truck I have seen with that type of Neway,was a Ford cabover that had been a test truck for Neway and was at the ATHS convention in South Bend,In. I thought it might have been something experimental,as it was different than any other Neway air suspension I had seen. Now,I know of 2 trucks with it!

Thanks Al,

Pretty cool info you gave me about that suspension.

It looks strong built at all and attached to Mack axles by some special way.

Although there are repairs on the rear ends of the rear axle longitutional arms (levers) and I had a hope to find a pair of used such the levers in the future.

Was shure it's a commonly used setup.

It was also interesting to note - there are park brake chambers on the FR axle only.

Do the most of modern Macks have it the same or it's out of the rule?

Vlad , congratulations ! I will never be sad again to see a Mack get exported from the US. I didn't take into consideration there are other people in this world that love Macks. Have fun with it !

Hi Vlad..

video I took last year may help a little....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0abQu_FNno

not as close-up as you need but your rubber boot is missing from the bottom of the gear lever... the lever tends to flop around when tilted but seems to do a good job of re-aligning as you drop the cab.. I have an 18 speed

my suspension is also air but I have Mack stamped all over, do my pics look like yours?

you said you have park only on one axle... do I assume you have regular brake pots on rear driver??? not sure how many park brakes required on lower weight gvw... mine has 4 but is licenced for 63,500kg.... and they are only $45ea when on sale..!!!

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack

Vlad , congratulations ! I will never be sad again to see a Mack get exported from the US. I didn't take into consideration there are other people in this world that love Macks. Have fun with it !

Thank you DigDug, There are shure many folks all around the globe who really love Macks. I met many in The Netherlands, shure there's a lot of in Australia and OZ. Too hope those African and South American guys also love driving Macks although it's really sad to see how they have to beat them to death with no service and care enough. Actually you can import a truck to Russia if it's not older than 3-5 years and Euro-5 emission level (the top one). The only other way is a partly knocked down form and with no chances to register it. That's sad. So I try to not miss any chance to get a local old Mack with papers. They are too rare beasts here though.

Hi Vlad..

video I took last year may help a little....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0abQu_FNno

not as close-up as you need but your rubber boot is missing from the bottom of the gear lever... the lever tends to flop around when tilted but seems to do a good job of re-aligning as you drop the cab.. I have an 18 speed

my suspension is also air but I have Mack stamped all over, do my pics look like yours?

you said you have park only on one axle... do I assume you have regular brake pots on rear driver??? not sure how many park brakes required on lower weight gvw... mine has 4 but is licenced for 63,500kg.... and they are only $45ea when on sale..!!!

BC Mack

Interesting info, BC Mack,

Just hadn't time enough on last days to get myself to the truck.

My rear suspension is different than your's, I'll take pics and put them on here.

Yes, the park brakes on the FR with regular chambers on the RR.

May put spring ones all around but should arrange additional lines that way.

Don't know the weight rating and so on, Watts said they couldn't track the VIN.

It's not the first time about them though.

And those for $45 - wich brands on your mind would work well?

I saw not only Bendix on the net but lots of different ones.

Does any one familiar with aftermarket stuff of the kind?

Bendix http://www.cbsparts.ca/admin/catalogue/52678_BendixActuators.pdf

MGM http://www.cbsparts.ca/admin/catalogue/80007_SPRINGBRAKERFS.pdf

Vlad, this is from my local supplier... many hundreds of small businesses like this in Can/USA. All are on-line but there are so many variables due to dimensions and fitting placement you have no one generic part that fits every truck. Most of these dealers have very good search tools and can cross oem part numbers in most cases.

your biggest issue is shipping... perhaps you need to get in touch with your friends in the Netherlands, there are many MH's there so they may have a local supplier or bulk shipping from US.

I assume I have spring brakes on both axles is due to weight when parked... may be a DOT or FMVSS regulation... you can't have too much safety!!!!

BC Mack

• Like 1

Hey Vlad. Just checked it out.from what it looks like it just the spring and the rubber boot holding the shifter. I didn't take it apart but looking at it I'd say its just floating around. Hope that made sense.

post-2708-0-15916300-1396817454_thumb.jp

And the air ride for the cab.

post-2708-0-16671700-1396817527_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-97213700-1396817689_thumb.jp

And this is what most neway airide looks like.

post-2708-0-53796300-1396817811_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-63835800-1396817868_thumb.jp

Then a round 1990 they started using Hendrickson.

post-2708-0-54691800-1396818009_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-83906400-1396818092_thumb.jp

Hope it helps.

Ray, it really helps. And all the posted above helped also.

I got the lever boot with the spring off and put the lever in its place with the cab down.

It shifted relatively well with the exception of some play because of wear in the joints.

I found out the spring was broken and the boot wasn't solid so I'm looking for them now.

The air ride of the cab needs air bags. Watts raited them for about $70 apiece and I'm going to catch them.

Checked out the hydro locks today, they start making movements when applying the cab pump so look working.

The Neway suspension you showed me out is almost the same I have in my R's.

Although the MH setup is definitely not the "classic" air ride and not "Hendricson".

There are some strange to me points in it and some issues.

For example it looks like there were little steel ropes on the each side of the rear axles to the frame bolts for limiting up the suspension range.

I made some pics of it but it's difficult to figure out of what you see on them with the tires on.

Will try to make better ones and show out.

The stuff in rear looks this way.

Also we power washed her today and found out interesting marks on the cab.

There were the traces of the previous owner's marks.

Looked like a big rhomb on the door with something like "TRANSFER" and "Lyberty, Pa"

Also you could clearly see #31 of that fleet on the door above the strip.

post-3971-0-48235300-1397071155_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-63128500-1397071175_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-86604100-1397071194_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-21776300-1397071220_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-59587600-1397071239_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-39385300-1397071264_thumb.jp

Nice find Vlad. Looks like a solid rig and with just a little playing you'll have it road worthy in no time. I think it's very cool they left all the stickers in place. Don't remove them.

Are you coming back over for Macungie this year?

I also think that way.

Pennsilvania is a friendly place, I like it.

Not shure I'll be able to keep the stickers because both the wind screens had cracks.

Although I hope to try remove them heating with a fan.

No, I have to miss Macungie this time.

There's the other event I'm going to visit near the dates.

Omaha Beach, Normandy, France.

6 of June - 70 years since D-day.

And that story is planned to be Mack-involved.

• Like 1