FDNY Super Pumper System.

Terry T

11 hours ago, CaptainCrutch said:

It really is a shame FDNY didn't renew the system and let it retire.

In a way they did not.

They still utilize "Satellite" units, in fact are in the process right now of taking delivery of several new ones. The Intelligiant 6" Stang guns with dual 5" inlets on new Peterbilt (trash truck) Chassis with a hose body containing a couple thousand feet of big hose. One in each Borough with two in Brooklyn.  

Up until a few years ago, they were quartered with 2000GPM engine companies. However, a lesson learned after 9/11 made the FDNY switch ALL engine companies over to 2000gpm. So now any engine company in the city can supply a Satellite. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 3 months later...
I am bookface friends with Hewy and his wife. You should hear the story he tells of driving that thing across the country at 48mph.....lol

He told it to me directly Saturday about being red tagged for no brake lights and when he was fixing the switch he had to put his toolbox on top of the tire so they would see the cut. He just wanted to get to the next truck stop so he could replace it.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but this thing is way to cool. I came across a video about it and let me down a rabbit hole of trains and fire engines. Don't know if it was stated before but the company that made the pump Deaval also made cream separators. Our family retired our Delaval and put it in the museum, now we just wait overnight and let the cream separate by itself. 

• Like 2

Yes it was also remember meeting a guy named Beatty had a gorgeous B Model stake body also Pomona fire had some gorgeous iron I believe LJ and a B model…show is it Reno????!  It might be easier to show up I thought they had it here are just a few years ago I was supposed to hook up with the farmer 52 I never did see him thanks for letting me know… bob

I stormed out of there early walking around with a FedEx uniform on and everybody was turning their noses up in the air didn’t see anybody very friendly I said well this doesn’t really look like my kind of crowd… bob