Worried about my dog

Eastcoastdiesel

There's no shame in crying. It means you're human. I've had Other Dog about 12 years now, and we guessed him to be a year old when he first appeared. Longest i've ever had a dog, and the best dog i've ever had. If anything happened to him i'm sure i'd cry.

But I agree with the "don't give up". Many years ago- ok, many,many years ago- when I was a kid we had an old family dog we called "Mutt". My Ma said Mutt got hit in the road by the big green H&C coffee truck that used to pass by our house. Mutt was young at the time, and they put him in the old A-frame doghouse they had. She thought Mutt was going to die for sure. He wouldn't eat or drink a thing and wouldn't move.

Her father in law, my grandfather, told her to go to the store and get a can of canned fish. He said if Mutt ate the fish he would be fine...if not, there was nothing she could do. So she did, Mutt ate the fish, and he did recover. In fact, he lived over 20 years. He was the oldest dog I ever knew.

I don't think eating the fish had anything to do with Mutt getting better, my grandfather just knew that if he would eat the fish he was gonna be OK.

This doesn't really have anything to do with your situation because your dog wasn't hit by an H&C Coffee truck, but it's a true story, you can ask my Ma. Dogs are pretty tough.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That is rough. We had a cat wither away and had to put her down two months back. I knew it was coming for six months but it still bugged me. We are creatures of habit and not seeing her every day and night for her food and all was missed. It sounds like you are doing what you can and it's in Gods hands. I pray for you, your family and your dog. Let us know how you make out.

Greg

So sorry for your loss,all of us dog lovers go through this at one time or another more than likely more than once,it a very difficult time to say the least, try to stay strong and be thankful for the time you had with diesel..