Ford C800/ALF

oldmackfan

Greeting! Attempting to assist a local museum in gathering information to begin a restoration on what we thought was a 1960 Ford C800 American LaFrance fire truck. A Ford enthusiast decoded the VIN and told us it is a 1973 with a 391 gas engine. Well, I drove this engine in the1960s with a 332 gas, so something is amiss.

I tried to contact the ALF Owners group, seems they've shut down their website. I have the ALF registry number, just need to find someone with access to the registry. Any ideas?

Have you tried the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" website? ford-truck.com. They have a great forum (like BMT), with a bunch of people that are as fascinated with Ford Trucks as we are with Mack's! There is a guy on there that decodes VIN's for folks all the time. He might be of some help. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Have you tried the "Ford Truck Enthusiasts" website? ford-truck.com. They have a great forum (like BMT), with a bunch of people that are as fascinated with Ford Trucks as we are with Mack's! There is a guy on there that decodes VIN's for folks all the time. He might be of some help. Al

I like the site for pick ups