Yes that's true. Kinda like the kids with their hotrod Honda's and other Fast & Furious cars. Why? But at least their doing something creative

I'm getting ready to chop a Cruiseliner down with a V-8...Has a perfect working heater in it too...man, it'll bake you right out on low. :twothumbsup:

ha ha yup a Hells angel. he actually bought that A model almost done, he just did little things like mount the fifth wheel, and other odds and ends. it did have a little fender bender tho and recently got fixed. I believe the Deckleman boys pull their green B model pulling truck with that yellow B or they at least pull the camper

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

ha ha yup a Hells angel. he actually bought that A model almost done, he just did little things like mount the fifth wheel, and other odds and ends. it did have a little fender bender tho and recently got fixed. I believe the Deckleman boys pull their green B model pulling truck with that yellow B or they at least pull the camper

Yeah, I saw the yellow B hooked to the camper at the W. Spfld. ATHS show where I talked to him. I later ran into him in Maybrook, NY at an asphalt plant and was trying to market a Flowboy I was selling, but he was with a bunch of guys and was pretty rude compared to being at the show; so I went away thinking something different.

Oh, I thought the A Model mack was all apart and he built it...well, it's still pretty unique anyways, as is the driver, lol.

They can be creative. But I have a Massey Ferguson 35 and a 65 that my family bought new and both had the hoods, grills and seats stolen. Found one set on a rat rod at a local cruise night. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 year later...

The very first Rat Rod is used in a Five Finger Death Punch video along with some other cool rat rods. I suppose there are

not to many FFDP fans on this forum so just go to 1.24 to see the Mack. Later on in the video there looks to be an another

Mack with a flatbed in the background of the card game. It's pretty hard rock, so turn volume down if you do not like.

• Like 1

I am opinionated about this subject. I do hate rat rods. I love an original Mack truck or a top notch restoration, Personal expression is OK but why screw up a perfectly good Mack to express yourself??? I have looked a rat rods as just that a vehicle that is something that is just "something" and not really anything. If you take all the parts and time to put "something" together should it be "something" and not just your personal expression? The Best that anyone can say is "that is something" but what is the point? It takes a lot of everything, time, money, respect and research to have a correct truck and a rat rod is just a wish it could be... Just my 2 cents.

I have seen some cars but this is the first truck and a Mack at that. I have no idea what engine that is? A friend sent me the pics and I assume he got them off the internet?

That thing is TITTIES! and its a 5.9 cummins

love it

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I am opinionated about this subject. I do hate rat rods. I love an original Mack truck or a top notch restoration, Personal expression is OK but why screw up a perfectly good Mack to express yourself??? I have looked a rat rods as just that a vehicle that is something that is just "something" and not really anything. If you take all the parts and time to put "something" together should it be "something" and not just your personal expression? The Best that anyone can say is "that is something" but what is the point? It takes a lot of everything, time, money, respect and research to have a correct truck and a rat rod is just a wish it could be... Just my 2 cents.

Not everyone wants or needs a "correct" truck. I started modifying my brand new CX the day I brought it home from the dealer. And I have made use of modern technology to make my 1963 F work better for me than 50 year old designs.

One of the most famous Macks, Joe Mustang's H-model, is basically a rat rod. Constantly modified and improved by its owner over its lifetime to be something completely different than what it started out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most art baffles me. Artists tell me about their thoughts when they created a painting or sculpture but I have a really hard time figuring out what the hell I am looking at. My local government spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on several stainless steel monstrosities that they placed at various places around town and told everyone they would brighten up the city. Frankly, I think they should have saved the money! One looks very much like a stainless steel "turd".

However, I find myself intrigued with these Rat Rods. It is one art form where I can often see right off what the builder had in mind as he or she put the thing together. I must admit that these dudes and gals are fairly clever and very talented in most cases and I find that the finished product is a one-off that often makes sense to me. After all, Rat Rods don't come with instructions and although I have never attempted the construction of one, I pretty much think they must be an absolute problem solving event from start to finish. I am sure that is why these "Auto Artists" take them on. I suspect that most of these builders change there mind a hundred times while they piece together a project and when finished, it may not resemble the original idea in any form or fashion. That is probably part of the fun. I often study these pieces of rolling art and think about what I would have done different and that is a bit of fun for me.

I do also understand the comments in this thread however. I would freak out just thinking about cutting up decent vintage trucks parts to produce a Rat Rod...but then I am not an artist either.

Yes, that was a White 9000 cab. He had that at our White Bash in Richmond, VA and I talked to him quite a bit. It has Cummins MVT (?) engine and sits on air bags all around. It has very little ground clearance when the bags are aired up. He said he had to put smaller rear tires on it to it slow down but it still cruised real good at 80 MPH !!!

post-9041-0-30019800-1450277505_thumb.jp

post-9041-0-92503100-1450277533_thumb.jp

• Like 1