New Mack Logo

There is a lot of new Macks being sold in my part of the country. It used to be Kenworth, but mack is coming on strong.

A good friend of mine, that has never owned a Mack , is getting a new Granite built. Be here in May.

I kind of hope he is right.(Mr. Olof ) I would like to see Mack around for a long time.

• Like 1

Keith 

Here's one for the Volvo haters.......2013 Class8 Truck Sales year to date.

U.S. Volvo 20,033 Mack 15,484

Canada Volvo 3,653 Mack 2,155

Apparently someone thinks Volvo is good, LOL They outsold Mack.

And both market shared are up from 2012.

We should start a poll here.....all the new Mack and Volvo haters....list what year and model of truck you currently own. o then we can see if you are talking out of experience. LOL.

• Like 2

better then i ran out of d.e.f and now i can only go 5 mph. and only the dealer knows how to fix it. and the fuel mileage isn't that much of a difference when you add in all the extra crap and problems. and im done, dont want to hear how all you guys do is just keep talking about something you dont know about

No one should run out of DEF, there's a gauge. Dealers arent a magical place. Buy the needed tools and offer a dealer tech a job. Or you can always spend the money and rebuild the older ones, which is a good idea too.

The way I look at this is Volvo must have some respect for the Mack nameand know that they have to keep it going because mMack is one of the only companies that Volvo didn't immediately completely dispose of after taking over. Volvo has owned Mack for 14 years. Volvo needs the Mack name if Volvo is to remain in North America if Volvo killed the Mack name they would loose half of there North American sales and not be a player in the vocational truck market.

• Like 1

It's hard to tell but the bulldog appears to not be sitting but standing proudly as he has been for more than 100 years.

285-Well said. Lets hope Mack doesn't move to Mexico. Lets give Volvo credit for one thing -The Mack and Volvos are made in the USA and so are most of the major parts and pieces. :banana:

Yes, and the bulldog is still alive, regardless of whether he's sitting or standing.

Jim

Some have sore eyes for the MACK MP-Series engines. Well I hope that when they buy a brand new MACK they buy it with no engine and then take the frame to Navistar and ask for a reliable Maxxforce 13 Advanc EGR engine. Maybe they will want a PACCAR PX (Cummins) or a Faketerpillar CT13 (Maxxforce 13)

At least MACK has cleared the bugs out of the MP-Series with the passing time. Lets work with the fact it is the engine we got to deal with and so far it is standing to be good when comparedt with Maxxforce, Cat or Paccar.

Some have sore eyes for the MACK MP-Series engines. Well I hope that when they buy a brand new MACK they buy it with no engine and then take the frame to Navistar and ask for a reliable Maxxforce 13 Advanc EGR engine. Maybe they will want a PACCAR PX (Cummins) or a Faketerpillar CT13 (Maxxforce 13)

At least MACK has cleared the bugs out of the MP-Series with the passing time. Lets work with the fact it is the engine we got to deal with and so far it is standing to be good when comparedt with Maxxforce, Cat or Paccar.

When you describe the MaxxForce 13 as a "Faketerpillar CT13", I assume you think it is Caterpillar based. So please allow me to clarify that the Maxxforce 13 is the German MAN D26 (and the MaxxForce 11 is the MAN D20).

Both are proven, high-performing engines around the world with (MAN-designed) EGR to Euro-5 and SCR to Euro-6.

With (Cummins-designed) SCR, they should perform well in the US.

As far as what truck I sell, I'd rather not say too much. (http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/31649-kscarbel/)

However, I will say that I do not sell Volvo- or Mack-branded trucks.

Once upon a time, in a great country that led the world in industrial might and innovation, there was a great truck manufacturer.

So legendary was this truckmaker that the company’s slogan became an integral part of the country’s spoken and written language. Housewives and school children, though far removed from the truck industry, knew the saying by heart and used it with regularity to describe all things American that were manufactured with reliability, durability and cutting edge design.

Built Like a Mack Truck.....It’s Part of the Language

As reported in the media, Volvo has decided to replace the ageless “Built Like a Mack Truck” slogan with the phrase “Born Ready”.

As foreign truckmaker Volvo Group owns the former American brand “Mack”, it absolutely has the right to do as it sees fit.

However, you won’t find me applauding the Swedish truckmaker for their decision. After watching the video and reading the PDF, I’ve no idea what “Born Ready” means. I just saw hollow rhetoric with no substance behind it. Trucks are shown less than half the time. When trucks are visible, they are always in the background rather then being prominently featured as the core element of Volvo’s Mack brand.

At any rate, thank goodness the old man (Zenon C.R. Hansen) isn’t alive to witness this.

• Like 1

Ok.....so how many American investors were lined up to buy Mack and two, why didn;t it happen?

Just asking.

If no one invested the big dollars in Mack like Volvo did, what do you think would have been the outcome? Would they have ended up sending production to Mexico like every other manufacturer in order to lower their costs and survive?

then if no ones wanted to buy back Mack ( or no one wanted Mack to be held by US company ) for whatever the reason then I say that I'd rather have seen Mack die right there . why let the company died slowly from cancer (meaning that Mack today is not Mack anymore) .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale