New Mack Logo

Fine example of an over educated idiot...I'm with everyone else, seems as if they are trying to sell clothes....geeez

I've got to be honest, I'm always griping about most advertising ideas now days, not just mack. The classic Mack is what built the Mack name, stick with what works! Why re-invent the wheel....

EDIT: Ok, I said idiot, but what I really meant was idealist..... :)

• Like 1

Not hugely fond of the logo but the video was worse to me, as Kscarbel said, if your trying to sell trucks why not show us trucks? I didnt think about trucks watching that video I was waiting on the video to turn into an ad for a temp agency.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I hate to say it, I watched the ad a few times and here is what I find. The ad agency is catering to the Billy Big Rig / Shipping Wars wanna be's . Not the people who are more than seat warmers. They did their market research by committee and what that committee deems to be a buyer/ trucker in the North American Market. Probably their market image is Walwus Puss from Shipping Wars and Euro truckers. Paul .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I thought it sucked also. I stayed up to watch the release on facebook and now wished i had gone on to bed. They should have shown some real working trucks like the ones we all own who have 30 plus years on the job and still rolling coal. Those new Mack trucks are riding on the reputation of the trucks that built this counrty. Maybe one of these days some ad agency may get it right but I am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Waaaaaaa......Volvo......waaaaaaaaa.

I hate to tell you, you are never going to see an R, Superliner, E9, etc......ever again.

Maybe we should just ask Volvo to get rid of the Mack name like they did with Champion Graders, then you won't have to waist your time whining about Volvo.

This is getting sickening.

• Like 2

NO NO NO it couldn't have been for the new drivers the guys and gal in the vid. were wearing real cloths not sweat pants and or wrap around Stetsons. and a few in the vid. almost fit the part of a blue collar worker, not the fat outta shape baggy ass un showered greasy haired sweat pants wearing slobs I see climbing outta otr trucks at the truck stop.

• Like 2

Some people just like to bitch about everything. Its a video for gods sake get over yourselves the r model cab isn't coming back the e6 and e9 are not coming back.. its onething to keep the old macks running and cherish them as classic icons but the constant whining about Volvo and modern macks is getting old.as for the new logo I done see anything wrong with it.Mack has had alot of different logos

• Like 1

Some people just like to bitch about everything. Its a video for gods sake get over yourselves the r model cab isn't coming back the e6 and e9 are not coming back.. its onething to keep the old macks running and cherish them as classic icons but the constant whining about Volvo and modern macks is getting old.as for the new logo I done see anything wrong with it.Mack has had alot of different logos

Some colorful rhetoric there. I don't actually think the posts are "complaining about everything". And I suspect they know the R-model cab isn't coming back. I believe they are simply saying that they didn't care for (or understand the point of) the video. Should one be criticizing them for expressing (sharing) their thoughts?

• Like 1

I'm really glad to see it's not all "constant Volvo whiners" here.

I really love the old Macks and they are still my favourite. My old R Model was the best truck I ever drove.

But instead of complaining about the new trucks.....why don't we try them, see how they do, and post useful info here on ways to fix any shortcomings they may have.

As much as I hate this new stuff.......for those of us that still actually drive and work for a living......we might as well get used to it. Eventually we are all going to have to accept this new technology.

Unless one of you are smart enough to figure out how to bring us back in time??

• Like 1

I don't think anyone minds hearing everyones opinions, its a free country. But there are a few people who seem to have a single purpose in life- to complain about Volvo and any and all changes mack makes. The constant negativity is sad, and I thinik that is more what logtruckman is talking about. It just gets old hearing a broken record of the same song all the time.

My friend, as always, I appreciate your candor. Speaking only for myself, my single purpose in life is to sell trucks, not to complain about Volvo and what they've done to the former American icon Mack Trucks.

However, like you and everyone on this forum, I do have my own thoughts and express them. Isn't it wonderful to be of a country where freedom of expression is championed

If I may, please allow me to ask you two yes or no questions.

Do you feel that the acquisition of Mack Trucks by a foreign truckmaker was good for America?

Do you feel the dominance of America's truck industry by foreign truckmakers is in the best interest of the United States?

• Like 2

Ok.....so how many American investors were lined up to buy Mack and two, why didn;t it happen?

Just asking.

If no one invested the big dollars in Mack like Volvo did, what do you think would have been the outcome? Would they have ended up sending production to Mexico like every other manufacturer in order to lower their costs and survive?

The only thing that stays the same is everything changes. Todays world is not the same as most of us on this site grown up in, and 25 years from now it will not be the same as it is today. But like all modern things (cell phone, computers, vehicles) if we don't keep up with it, we become useless.

• Like 2

If those engines and trucks came back all you would hear is, "the fuel mileage sucks, there's to much noise in the cab, blah, blah."

I just don't like being "forced" to change as most of us have construction or farm back grounds its the parts are no longer available so we will " force" you into the newer stuff. as a contractor or farmer it don't always make sense to replace an older truck that wont pay for its self in its application but when you can no longer get parts your "forced" to up grade or hire it done on (on there schedule) when you buy a vocational truck its life span is often 30 years unlike a hwy.truck that has 1.5 million miles on it after 10 years I have seen lots of trucks that were 15 years old that didn't have 300,000 on them so how do you justify replacing it when there is still lots left to give.

• Like 2

I'm really glad to see it's not all "constant Volvo whiners" here.

I really love the old Macks and they are still my favourite. My old R Model was the best truck I ever drove.

But instead of complaining about the new trucks.....why don't we try them, see how they do, and post useful info here on ways to fix any shortcomings they may have.

As much as I hate this new stuff.......for those of us that still actually drive and work for a living......we might as well get used to it. Eventually we are all going to have to accept this new technology.

Unless one of you are smart enough to figure out how to bring us back in time??

R Model cab, CL 700 Hood, E9...there's your truck Bullhead... :notworthy: