All Mack Fleets Past

LCL Transit,Green Bay,Wis. ran Macks for years.The reorganized LCL Bulk Transport,still runs Mack. There is a couple of their older R model pictures on Hank's,but I'm not even going to start that round of B.S.! However, recently departed Bill Bedell had taken a nice shot of an early FS/FL that could have been an O/O truck (they had several at one time) painted in their old colors.Enjoy

Al,

If you put a horseshoe on it I'd have to do a double take!

Ron

• Like 1

MATLACK Inc. Lansdowne,PA was a BIG user of Macks.............Remember the back bumper on their trailers? "Pipeline on wheels"....................................Mark

My father owned a Gulf service station for nearly 40 years and as a kid gasoline was delivered in orange and blue Mack trucks.

Then Gulf Oil Corp. contracted with Matlack to deliver the gas and they were all Macks as Mark has posted. This started my affair with Mack trucks and I can't shake it.

• Like 2

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

GTI or Green Truckin Inc , Amsterdam Ny is a bulk milk hauler. they have been all Mack as long as I can remember from R models to Ch's to new Visions and they are all a cool green color. although they do have about 2 (cough) Peterbilts in the fleet now that I heard the boss bought just cause two of his drivers wanted them.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Mark

That B Model is owned by James Suttles an ex Matlack fleet owner operator, originally from Greenville SC and Later in Demopolis AL

Was the picture of the R model fleet taken at their terminal on Rt 322 in Swedesboro NJ?.

Brocky

• Like 1

Brocky

I see Carry running some KW's now down here,shame,I used to love there old R models with the sleepers.They had a few Superliners & Valueliners for awhile down here right after they bought out ABT.

Standard Forwarding used to be owned by the same people as Twin Bridges Truck City,the Mack dealer in Bettendorf, IA..

Nelson Trucking Service was an all Mack company and owned by the same family as H&L Mack,in Mediapolis,IA .Their green Macks with red frames were a common sight running back and forth from Chicago for many years.. They were bought out about 7 years ago . The company that bought them still has 2 of the last 2 new trucks Nelson bought,all the rest are Freightliners.

Brocky,I got that picture from the interweb,it was taken at their terminal in Louisiana,but I lived/grew up about 13 miles from the terminal in Swedesboro,the old terminal building is now a Kenworth dealer!..............................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Smiths transfer Yale freight AAA FIRE-LINE petroleum Shuster Gulf oil Amoco oil Shell oil Gillis lllc Montana fuel serv . Roncete trucking UPS USPS mail ISLAND transport Rasadini transport

Are you referring to Island Transportation from LI? The company fleet was once 100% Mack-R685's, 686's, and 773's. They had a handful of O/O's and a couple of them even had R-600's.

Jim