Super Trucker Saturday

rsb502

Two straps are fine. . . he's hauling "light oil" :blush:

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

any thoughts on the ladder truck? that puzzle is missing a few pieces. the only thing I come up with is ,its winter so maybe a skid that hit the curb and sheared the u bolts, then caught traction and the tires summersaulted under the truck, :blush: throwing the chassis forward?

I've been trying to figure what happened and come up with zero. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've been trying to figure what happened and come up with zero. Paul

You and me both. I figure if the suspension let go and the truck rolled over the axle, the woul be more body damage.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

how in the f@&% do you do that? I thought only Hollywood could do that shit!

their must be a u bolt bandit that sneaks into fire stations and steals the u bolts :whistling:

Thats what you get when you got trained steering wheel holders at best. don't know what they feel or are looking for. Vehicle feels funny no problem. Ok this is not to get the real driver engineers all riled up either. Just alot of underqualified people doing this

1 story I remember for the town of Davie,Fl Driver had an aerial or something with a ladder out and was hauling ass down the road. Grenaded the engine.Idk what happened it just stopped. ( how many have heard this) Davie wanted the engine warrantied. Well when Detroit hooked the scanner up to the unit and found that the shutdown had been over ridden they voided all warranty and I think the guy lost his job over that. It had been in shutdown I think if memory serves me right over 2 mins or somewhere along those lines

• Like 1

Back when my dad was a mechanic he was working on a city of Middletown truck and i think it was a ladder, anyways it was originally gas-powered and Detroit re-powered it and put a Allison behind the Detroit. Well they told the guys if you are driving and put it in reverse the tranny will be fine......so they get toned out and are running and it gets canceled so what do you thin they do....throw it in reverse. Tranny was fine but blew the rear end apart.

Matt

any thoughts on the ladder truck? that puzzle is missing a few pieces. the only thing I come up with is ,its winter so maybe a skid that hit the curb and sheared the u bolts, then caught traction and the tires summersaulted under the truck, :blush: throwing the chassis forward?

That might be the answer. There could be ice on the road and the rear end slid sideways into a curb. It could have happened some distance away and that is where it ended up.

That is a lot of weight on two axles (too much?).

Don't have a picture, but some kid just started working for a new outfit in the area. Pulls in the yard in a brand new triaxle, hops out wearing sandals, and doesn't appear to own a pair of gloves. Mind you this is at an asphalt plant getting ready to run asphalt all day.