Super Trucker Saturday

rsb502

About two weeks ago I came across this container flipped over in a parking lot. I know how it happened to. The guys are

pulling 20ft cans that are loaded with corn or beans for export and usually have 46,000+ in the box. He must have decided

to dolly the trailer down for some reason. I bet he wasn't more than a foot away from it before it flopped on its side.

About two weeks ago I came across this container flipped over in a parking lot. I know how it happened to. The guys are

pulling 20ft cans that are loaded with corn or beans for export and usually have 46,000+ in the box. He must have decided

to dolly the trailer down for some reason. I bet he wasn't more than a foot away from it before it flopped on its side.

I pulled containers for a year and those little 20 footers are top heavy as shit when they load em heavy, we used to deliver slabs of marble in em and they always made me nervous in the corners.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice! that is one sharp KW! personally,the only thing I would do different would be to lose the giant bumper and put a "gull-wing" back on it. Thanks for posting the pictures!..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice! that is one sharp KW! personally,the only thing I would do different would be to lose the giant bumper and put a "gull-wing" back on it. Thanks for posting the pictures!..................................Mark

That's a pre-gull wing, Mark. I think '67 or older judging by the headlight buckets. Either way, I agree on the bumper.

Jim

You think it's that old Jim? I was thinking it was made/modified to look older than it is,my guess was late seventies,but truly have no idea! Lol!........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You think it's that old Jim? I was thinking it was made/modified to look older than it is,my guess was late seventies,but truly have no idea! Lol!........................................Mark

At first I only noticed the headlights but the dashboard (as seen through the windshield) is also from that era. There are probably more clues but we would need someone who is well versed in Paccarology to point them out. KW used that same basic cab for almost 1000 years. ;)

• Like 1

Jim

At first I only noticed the headlights but the dashboard (as seen through the windshield) is also from that era. There are probably more clues but we would need someone who is well versed in Paccarology to point them out. KW used that same basic cab for almost 1000 years. ;)

That truck might be a mutt of sorts. He did a lot of custom work to that thing, so it might be a few years all smooshed together.

• Like 2

I didn't think the 3408 was available till the late 70's, Vision my buddy won't buy a new bumper for his 73 A model because he loves the gull wing.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I didn't think the 3408 was available till the late 70's, Vision my buddy won't buy a new bumper for his 73 A model because he loves the gull wing.

I'm thinking '75-'76 was when the 3408 came out.

Coincidently, I think that's about the time the gull wing bumpers started to appear. They do look good on older models though, since the K and W series went several years with minimal cosmetic changes.

There is/was an R model running around the Pittsburgh area with a KW gull wing bumper. It looked like it belonged there, real sharp.

Jim

Here is a super Firefighter. Not sure how this happened. I'm open for guesses.

Needed an FWD to pull that little tree out like "The King of FWD's" :)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE