Fleet Friday

rsb502

Is the E cabover Ballantine truck still in CT?

Was it at the Hayes Museum or the Golden Age of Trucking Museum? . I only have the pic because the Box came from Froelicks Farm in Huntington L.I. and my cousin Gene and I chased after the MACK for years

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Was it at the Hayes Museum or the Golden Age of Trucking Museum? . I only have the pic because the Box came from Froelicks Farm in Huntington L.I. and my cousin Gene and I chased after the MACK for years

Last time I heard about it, the truck belonged to a collector in the Danbury area and he had for sale. Just wondering where it was. It may have been at Golden Age but I must not have visited when it was on display.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Baro needs to hire some Mexicans and pay their water bill, them trucks is dirty.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

GMC house moving small fleet,i've seen many pictures of Crackerboxes with the set-back steer axle like this one,but never saw one in person..............................................Mark

. That setback cracker box looks like an overgrown mb mack...........never seen one.......bobby j.

Mackdaddy Pretty sure Schroyer's Crackerbox is air ride front and rear. I saw it a few times at ATHS Shows. Suspension is different to say the least. They have quite the collection of trucks. Not just one brand but many varied ones. All nicely done. Joe D.

• Like 1

Those air ride crackerboxes had a boxed section frame with a big X in the middle which doubled as an air reservoir. Interesting design.........not a good one,but still interesting!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That front suspension looks pretty advanced for the early 60's, I'd say ahead of its time.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice pictures. I would like to see the Cummins shoehorned in that E-Model Paul posted.Maybe a 4 Banger. Joe D.

That what was thinking, but there a1937 Orange AC that has a Cummins HB600 dealer installed when new and it's a few inches longer than the Gas 6. Would the 4 been a Bseries or the Marine style Cummins ran at Indy in 1930's? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

BIBP

It was his original lowboy tractor, puffed up shiny 290 and 13,that he took the 3rd axle out and made it into his show truck even though he uses it for work occasionally. The one on the right he just bought this spring, All original 250,. 10 speed, rubber block suspension with 167k miles.

• Like 1

Brocky