Tore Up Tuesday

rsb502

You spose that pic the Kansas farmer put up,was that very driver that loaded the RD? That pic of him on the shithouse floor was taken just before he woke up and said"aw shit,I told that feller I would be over to pick up his dump truck a half hour ago" :loldude:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rev it again, I think I found the miss.

Kablooee_zpsdf48dbee.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Staxx,

You've got to be kidding us,right? What kind of bonehead would have even thought that RD was light enough for that little trailer? A "steering wheel holder" at it's finest! What a Maroon! I bet he told the shipper,"I'll get it on there,you just stand back and watch me"........ :loldude::clap: Al

Looks like one of the shipping war super truckers.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ouch

post-5240-0-16578300-1392746972_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Bought this for parts in this past December.

He hit Freightliner in the front being sleep, luckie just aside of the front, broke out front axle, tank, fender, cab, sleeper and ended up meeting the trailer's corner by its roof. Then layed it on the side. Everybody inside were Ok. Told me with pride "I stopped him with full gravel trailer". My answer was just a light smile.

post-3971-0-77803300-1392752949_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I-64 w Berckley Wv.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

2-18-14

Something doesn't look right, just can't put my finger on it!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I-64 w Berckley Wv.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

2-18-14

I saw that last night on the way to Milton. Nocluejoe66 saw it night before last when he was getting on 19 there, and called me yesterday. Told me to get my camera ready when I went up through there, but it was too dark for a picture when I went by.

Great picture!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Back in Black,at least they were only Nissan's! Those pictures of the Eihler's Bros. collection roof collapse a few years back, were just terrible! I guess the trucks have been rebuilt, as I understand.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

RULES!!!.....RULES!!!

I don't like too many rules...hatcity,2014

I know this is against the rules, but i'm not usually home on Tuesday.

One of H.H.Moore Jr.'s Transtar Eagles that got "tore up" in the 80's. Turned over with a load of structural steel on rt. 15 just north of Orange, Va. Took most of the night to get the driver out, but he survived with only injuries to his legs and feets. He lives about a mile from me.

post-1374-0-84661600-1393070490_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"We can rebuild him", ha there's an old reference for ya. That don't look purty for shor.

I probably won't be home Tuesday, so...

This was unit no. 72, owned by F.L.Moore, leased to H.H.Moore. 1974 Transtar with a VT903, 13 spd. This was around 1980, wreck happened on rt. 604 between Troutville and rt. 460. The road is now 220 alternate. It was a 2 lane at the time, and a Toyota Corolla crossed the center line and hit the truck head-on. Didn't hurt the truck driver, the boy in the car was killed. It was thought to be a suicide, the truck driver, who is still with F.L.Moore and Sons by the way, said he could see him grinning in the car right up until the impact. That's part of the car stuck in the truck's grill.

post-1374-0-56388300-1393180258_thumb.jp

If people have to end their lives don't use someone else to do it. My father was coming out of Ontario with a load of dairy cows on 81 around Watertown when a woman commited suicide by jumping out in front of him. Made a mess of the truck but it was still drivable. The local fire dept and the state troopers were very helpful. Still, was a tuff day.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

wish I had the pics to post of another transtar II that crashed in town back in the 80's lost brakes coming down hwy. 20 on 5 mile grade, at the bottom it intersects with sr97. truck missed cross traffic there ran one more block then ran out of road hit rr track fill lost front axle there then cleared tracks and hit side of apple warehouse where the cummins eng. and trans entered the building three bins deep. His load of lumber came forward and smashed the head ache rack. Smashed the sleeper cab to the size of a day cab the driver lived for several days, but later died due to injuries.

I won't have much free time tomorrow so I'm posting a day early...

Not my proudest moment, actually one of my worse. I was southbound on SR 59 in the west suburb's of Chicago. I was running a very short round that week because I needed to be home to see my girlfriend at the time graduate from college. So anyway on Tuesday morning I had delivered on the north side and it looked like I might make my next drop south west of Chicago before the customer went home that afternoon. I was traveling in a line of traffic & was following an empty bulk hauler. The area we were in was two lane and a vehicle up ahead slowed to make a left turn, the truck & line of traffic, in front of me drifted right into a right turn lane to go around the vehicle turning left so I did the same. Suddenly the bulk hauler slowed, no brake lights (he was running empty and had a jake which really slowed him down) I tried to slow as well as his brake lights finally came on and he whipped his truck back to the left. I was closing too fast so I stayed in in the right turn lane but he didn't get completely back into the left lane before he came to a complete stop. I couldn't get stopped and clipped him, my left front to his right rear. It turns out at the end of the right turn lane, directly at the point the vehicle had been setting to make the left turn there was a concrete island that forced vehicles to turn right into a church parking lot. The entire line of traffic in front of the bulk hauler had moved over to go around the vehicle turning left then they all braked and whipped back into the lane & had to stop behind the vehicle turning left. The cop who investigated the accident talked to the other driver & asked him if I deserved a ticket for anything that I had done and he told the cop that he didn't believe that I was following too close, speeding or doing anything improper. He felt that traffic just began to stack up very quickly and it was the actions of persons in front of both of us that lead to me hitting him. Of course I was at fault but I didn't get any tickets. I replayed that morning in my head 100's of times trying to decide if I could have done anything different and the only thing that I think I could have done is to have began braking when I seen the line of traffic move right to pass the left turning vehicle instead of trying to maintain my speed. The thing that has always bothered me was how quick that truck slowed down with just the jake brake on because his brake lights did work but that jake was very tight.

post-45-0-64307200-1393256798_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-16735500-1393256810_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-30249700-1393256820_thumb.jpg

Here's some tore up Tuesday stuff.....

post-5240-0-79409100-1393334027_thumb.jp

• Like 1