Rd trouble!again!

R.E.D

red if oil is getting to the air cans you had better drain your other air tanks also.be cautious of pipe plugs on the bottom side of the tanks,(may have been drain valves broke off and replaced with plug) had this happen to me each tank had a drain. One tank had two chambers and a plug in one chamber( plum full of crap)couldt figure out why I wasn't building air chamber was froze solid. you might have the same thing going on except with oil

84 Superdog advice about cleaning out your air system is correct, that mess will work its way into everything that has air going to it.

I would also agree with Thomastractorsvc for a fresh rebuilt on the break-in procedures, but on an old used engine that has lost compression because of compression ring collapse, I stand by my old days convictions that running Non-detergent oil and heating slightly above normal operation temps does work in expanding the rings. I would NOT run that oil for a long period of time either.

Mr. Fred (Ol'school) was the smartest machinist that I ever work with and Mr. Clois (Ol'school). was the best race car engine builder that I ever worked for (He would cut ring end gap to .012). Both used the same method on their work.

I also run a commercial shop with 19 employees, we all made more money last year than any of us has ever made. I had over 2.3 million in sales, with 967,000.00 over projections. The day after my 17th birthday, I joined the Military, never finished High School or College. all of my ASE recertifications are current, and I have had a Class A CDL's with X endorsement since they came out. I am no expert, but experienced.