May have dissapointed Other Dog

randyp

if you ever put a hyd thumb on that machine you wouldn't know what you ever did with out on before, even a hyd. over manual one. I use mine all the time and when its not thumb time its magnet time. found pic of broken thumb and my hyd. magnet.

That is nothing short of super cool GG!!! I want one! randyPPPPPPPP

OD said the P stood for "Pansy" but we don't believe it now. It could stand for "Parent". That is a great thing you are doing for your grand son. I know that it is a sacrifice for you and your wife.

Thank you very much my friend, we are so blessed to have him. randyp

Sure Right about tracks being deadly had a few close calls myself . amazed I still have all my digits weather they work or not ...lol (those who know my situation get that joke ..lol)

we used to do our own undercarriage work ( only thing we didn't mess w/ was putting new pads on rails we let undercarriage shop in Memphis do that for us)

I Never minded dealing w/ pulling old undercarriage off & putting new on as we had most everything to do it with including a railroad hammer & 20 lb sledge hammer to help knock master pins in & out with.

I always liked the alligator clip style rails over the master pins . get the rails lined up , put the pad on & bolt it down .

But I always would rather take a country ass whoopin than put a slipped track back on . I Used to invent cuss words while putting a slipped track back on ...lol

GG: We had a manual thumb on our track hoe as we done a lot of clearing work.

never had a hyd thumb but those manual thumb was handy esp when doing undercarriage work . ;)

:mack1:

I agree, They never seem to come off on a nice clean level dry spot with an overhead crane and maybe a Burger King next door. I had the brush grapple on the bobcat and it came in super handy, course excavator was priceless also,,weather just sucked. randyp

Gonna bite the bullet and load it up Friday and haul it to our local track service shop and at least get new pins, bushing and sprockets, just that much is 3 grand. Friend of mine owns the place and said he would give it a good evaluation but thought I would prolly be ok with at least that. If not, the whole shebang, rollers, new chains, idlers, complete replacement runs 8 grand. woof! Oh well, it is what it is. randyp (the p stands for poorer now)

You mean to tell me that new gizmo you just bought didn't come with a track-puter-onner attachment? And here I thought it had EVERYTHING! Gotta go talk to the salesman and find out where that one is because it looks like it wouldda come in handy...

Glad ya got'er put back together despite the lack of the attachment...

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!