New York Macks 2

They're still around Jim, bigger than ever. I worked for them for 11 months before this current job now. They are mainly all KW, but have a lot of newer International's in the fleet. They're a very well run, well oiled machine in terms of how they spec things, and run their business. (A little too well oiled for me to work for, but that's another story, another time...)

Very weight-conscience to maximize payload/revenue. Also very uniform in how they spec things and maintain things too. Class-one operation compared to most of the other LP gas carriers in the northeast, I'll give them that. They take pride in their image as a carrier, and it shows. I wish I could say that about my gig, lol.

Back when the old man was still around, it was like working for the Gustapo. He didn't like drivers, never acknowledged they were even alive most guys said. He didn't care about your comfort; all he cared about was revenue. Those old Macks had solid,bolted-to-floor seats, no a/c...you earned every penny and he made sure of it. If he was still around now, he'd probably try to have it the same way, lol.

There should be a few LP's working out in your neighborhood; that's where I was working when I was with them for a while...hauling out of Houston to Ky.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. There are a lot of propane trucks going in and out of Markwest and running I-79 but I've never seen an LP truck. Do they still run green tractors?

• Like 1

Jim

They're still around Jim, bigger than ever. I worked for them for 11 months before this current job now. They are mainly all KW, but have a lot of newer International's in the fleet. They're a very well run, well oiled machine in terms of how they spec things, and run their business. (A little too well oiled for me to work for, but that's another story, another time...)

Very weight-conscience to maximize payload/revenue. Also very uniform in how they spec things and maintain things too. Class-one operation compared to most of the other LP gas carriers in the northeast, I'll give them that. They take pride in their image as a carrier, and it shows. I wish I could say that about my gig, lol.

Back when the old man was still around, it was like working for the Gustapo. He didn't like drivers, never acknowledged they were even alive most guys said. He didn't care about your comfort; all he cared about was revenue. Those old Macks had solid,bolted-to-floor seats, no a/c...you earned every penny and he made sure of it. If he was still around now, he'd probably try to have it the same way, lol.

There should be a few LP's working out in your neighborhood; that's where I was working when I was with them for a while...hauling out of Houston to Ky.

Was the "old man" Andy P?

I saw 2 PP propane trailers today. A international prostar in Rutland vt and a freightliner cascadia stub nose in Glens falls ny. Both were white .

I guess they have a few that are white but most in their yard in Chester are still the green.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. There are a lot of propane trucks going in and out of Markwest and running I-79 but I've never seen an LP truck. Do they still run green tractors?

Yes, very distinctive green, with red bumpers, frames, etc. Their trailers are always green with a white belly, unless they are leased or just purchased and haven't painted them yet.

Yes, very distinctive green, with red bumpers, frames, etc. Their trailers are always green with a white belly, unless they are leased or just purchased and haven't painted them yet.

That's great that they kept the same livery for so many years. I hope they're not changing to white like a bazillion other companies.

• Like 1

Jim

That's great that they kept the same livery for so many years. I hope they're not changing to white like a bazillion other companies.

They wouldn't do that. Anything they run other than green is leased. They lease a bunch of equipment to provide extra service in the heating season, then return it in the spring.