New York Macks 2

A couple of retired workhorses based in NY now.

A 1972 R-685T doing the pulling and a 1969 R-611T doing the riding.

Looks like the 685 is just "semi-retired".

Those R models look like old Commander Fuel tractors for anybody in Nassau county might remember them. They had a big terminal down in Oyster Bay

Oh yeah. They were at the end of South St., right on the water.

That's how I remember their tractors also. The only difference would be tandem axles and possibly black spokes, but I'm 99% sure that was the paint scheme.

Jim

yea its nice to have a shop.pluggin em in works but not like a toasty shopwhere i work we can get the six wheeler tractor and lowboy neck dump trailer 6crew trucks a couple 544 loaders 3 skid steers and have room to work on some stuff that salt and calicum is a bitch on em

I like em"! that's what Macks are supposed to look like! they'd look better in the driveway at Chateau Vision though! I've always liked a two tone paint job on an R-Model,especially ones like these that aren't junked up with too much crap!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

those R's are nice. don't think they are frame off restores but they are really clean. always look them over at Balston Spa Ny show. the R611 is runnin a double over quad. he also had a really clean B67 right J?

As far as I know, he still has the B67 named Buster. It was in Springfield 2012.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

what are the weight you can carry inny with a tri axle dump.whne i go into indiana i see tri and quad. the tri axle can carry20 to 22 ton and the quads can carry23 to 24 ton.im sure some day the weight laws will change i heard some states are getting pissy over the bridge law

what are the weight you can carry inny with a tri axle dump.whne i go into indiana i see tri and quad. the tri axle can carry20 to 22 ton and the quads can carry23 to 24 ton.im sure some day the weight laws will change i heard some states are getting pissy over the bridge law

Depends. You have to send all of the specs and measurements in to DOT and they tell you what you can carry legally. I'm referring to if you are in Jersey and you are applying for the overweight permit. Right now without it I believe it is 54,000 on a tandem. I forget for a tri without permit.

Rob

In CT a real tri-axle with a permit is good for 76,500. Without a permit your good for 73,000 as long as its a construction material. If it isn't then your only good for 67,400. Then they have all the restrictions where your able to use the permits or not. A quad axle is good for 80,000 and a double steer truck is good for 80,000.

Matt

In Penna. now a tri-axle is 73,280. I think a tandem is 56,000 or 58,000. Pa. is just starting to enforce the Bridge Law. I worked in New Jersey for years it was 80,000 on tri-axle 56,000 on tandem 70,000 on tandem with Constructor Plates with no axle weights if truck had proper axles and tires. Joe D.

With the state wide permits that are on my trucks my tri-axle is good for 70,000 which is about 21.25 tons and my tandem is good for 65,000 which is about 18.75 tons. There are grandfather down state permits that allow a tri-axle to have a gross weight of 79,000 which gives most 24-25.5 tons. I have a friend with a very light International with an aluminum body that is legal at 27-27.5 if it will fit. You had to have permits before they started the state wide permits in order to get the grandfather rights and permits. That's just my understanding, so if someone knows if I'm right or not please let me know.

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

"Old Macks never die, just get new generations of drivers"

In Penna. now a tri-axle is 73,280. I think a tandem is 56,000 or 58,000. Pa. is just starting to enforce the Bridge Law. I worked in New Jersey for years it was 80,000 on tri-axle 56,000 on tandem 70,000 on tandem with Constructor Plates with no axle weights if truck had proper axles and tires. Joe D.

Im in Jersey and I bought a truck with 20k front and 58k rears but I believe I only registered it regular commercial at 70,000 but I guess it was a waste because I'm only good for 56,000? If that's true I have to go down to the dmv and get that changed to constructor. I wish I found this out before I registered or got busted!

Edited by earthmover