Hendrickson Vs Camelback Suspension!

Seen my buddy the other night (mentioned him before, the guy with them EPA07 MP7 with the dpf issues), he said his boss man ordered a 2014 GU813 (as he had heard good thing about the def systems). But, this one's got the SPIF crap and air ride, so after doing what I could to explain to him about the SPIF (over a few "pops"), we got talking about the air ride......needless the say, he is cautiously optimistic obout the improved ride.....only real advice I could offer is "make sure that thing has full locks).....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Beause certain meathead "drivers" don't know how to use pushers and tags, the truck calculates the weight and drops/pressurises the axle accordingly....no driver control......bs......glad we're grandfathered for a little while at least.....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I have just sold my 86 r model on camel back and replaced it with a 99 ch on air ride and i can't believe how hopeless the newer rig is off road. What can i change or do to get more traction?

Get the R model back!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have a T ride on my Autocar / Volvo log truck. Its 46 k axles. It rides good and articulates very well. I have never broken a spring, but have replaced the rubber blocks between the axle and spring pack. One or two torque rods. I've had it for 4 or 5 years and run off road quite often. Had itacross the scales at 98100lbs on 4 axles. It handled it OK. Hauling logs it seems tohave the lean and it scares me, maybe just because I'm not used to it (I haul pipe mostly and is a low load). All in all I'm pleased with it.

I've never ran a truck with Camelback, but do own one (My LJ). It has been around so long it is obviously a great suspension. Same with Hendrickson spring / walking beam.

My KW has extended leaf Hendrickson under it. Rides like a truck... Only problem I have with it is as soon as you spin trying to climb a hill or whatever the wheels bounce like basket balls and you're stuck. The Neway air ride and the T ride I have a guy can spin and paw out of a hole if need be. Any thoughts on how to dampen the bouncing? I've seen those beams with shocks on each end maybe thats the answer?

Thanks,

Bob

84 superdog

The bloke that bought the R model loves it and won't sell it back. Im going to need cross locks for the CH because when the truck is empty I can't get traction off road. Do you know if you modify the Hendrickson Air Ride suspension to get more travel up and down or different air pressure in each bag when the truck is empty.

Just toggle air dump switch as you drive...don't let it completely deflate (driveline angles & such) but keep it from fully airing up, too, as you want to make sure both axles are on the ground. That & locking in the power divider is about all I've ever needed to do to get around a site without too much trouble...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!