F MODELS

jake

That's funny Ron. Our first Cruiseliner we bought new and it came with bullet lights and dual horns. Our second one was bought used with only 36,000 miles. The original owner had a heart attack and laid it over. The local dealer put a new cab on it and sold it to Grandpa. The owner of our local dealer was a little on the frugal side,so he ordered as cheaply spec'd cab as he thought he could get by with. First thing Rex,our driver said when he got the truck was" the cheap bastards only put one horn and IH markers lights on it."

• Like 1

That could be, Ron. Couldn't remember if they were made by Signal-Stat or K-D. I know KW used above the headlights on the W900's too. I think they're collectors items now! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Al,my blue '74 F786 has those marker lights, the '75 F786 Grandpa had them as well as one of our '78 Cruiseliners.

Mike, these are F786's. Don't know the year yet. I bought them this week. Now I got to get them home.

While we're talking marker lights,a brand-x truck(peterbilt) backed in next to me this morning, one of those goobered up shitwagons with the giant visor covering 3/4 of the windshield.I went in to get my paperwork,and noticed it had NO marker lights on the roof whatsoever! Am I missing something? I thought maker lights were still D.O.T required? they weren't built into the visor either as I have seen some like that. I asked the driver (typical newbie dipshit) about it,his answer was "F**K the D.O.T,it's my truck,i'll do whatever I want to it".........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I hate to admit how little I know about them. A friend of mine travels all over the west for his job and likes old iron too. When he gets free time he runs the back roads looking for old iron. He knows I like Macks so he lets me know if he finds any. I've known a bout them for about three years but I had a lot of things going on and had to wait awhile. He looked them over and took the pictures and said they were great shape. I only have one serial number because he opened one door and took a picture of the data plate. The owner said they ran good but he bought them, drove them home and parked them. He told me that when we pick them up, plan on spending the day because he had lots to show us. He said he had over a hundred farm tractors in his collection.

This same friend found a B53, a B53 parts truck, a BCR for me and a B53 and three Valueliners for my son, about four years ago and they turned out OK. I guess I don't feel too bad about not seeing them first .I trust his judgment. He also found my LTL in Montana and that turned out well.

I asked the owner what powertrain they had and he couldn't remember but said he knew they were all Mack. I'll be a lot smarter when we get them home! My son transports propane in the winter and does excavating in the summer so I'm thinking maybe the end of March.

Maybe I should call Al and Mark Trukin!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ya Mike we did! It's my son's Pete and he's a Mack fan too but he had to kid me and say it's probably as fast as those Macks ever went. LOL He wants one. They are a lot better shape than I have seen around here in years. I'm really pleased with not seeing them first. They have had some body work done some time ago but they are really solid. I used to run over the road in one with a poorer cab than these. They are both kinda ratty inside. The headliners have fallen down. They sat for about six years and I threw some batteries in one and it fired up like it was just shut down.

• Like 2

Nice,Jake. Tachographs & everything! What are the chances of finding 1 let alone 2 indentical F models in decent shape like that? You must be livin' right,Jake! :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA