2014 ATCA Macungie Show

farmer52

My wife got reservations at the Holiday Inn Express across from Dorney Park so we can hang later on Friday night instead of driving back home. I missed the Mack museum last year. I am going to make sure we do it this time around. They are running the shuttle both days right? See you all there!

JT - I was thinking the tours are only on Saturday. Doug or someone else will know for sure.

Weather forecast: T-storms (80%) on Thursday, Scattered T-storms on Friday, and Sunny on Saturday. Temps all three (3) days 78-80 degrees (lows 60s). So I am going to wait until Thursday to "409" the MH. I am going to ask for the parking spot I had last year (in the back on high ground).

See you all at Macungie.....have a safe trip!

Ron - I will try to remember to bring some spider spray. B)

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

JT the museum will be open on Friday but the buses only run Saturday. Your hotel is not far from the Museum, which is behind Queen City Airport, at the Lehigh Street exit of I-78. Let me know if you need directions.

Preliminary weather reports showing the rest of this week, but especially Friday being a washout in the Lehigh Valley- heavy rains predicted for Friday, however Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be beautiful. That won't take away the quagmire of mud however. So if you are bringing a truck, use caution when parking!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Bad news.... Our brand spanking new, 2014, $60,000+ camping trailer has been at the dealer since we brought it back from the first trip we took it on in March. The factory did one of the absolute worst assembly jobs I have ever seen in my life. It has been three whole months now and they still have not finished fixing it. So we have no camping trailer for the trip. Grrrrrrrrr!! Words cannot describe how angry I am at the manufacturer and the dealer. :angry:

So we will most likely just come up on Saturday I guess. I have no idea what we will be bringing....

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Farmer is bringing that big ol trailer. Bunk up with him

Ben/Tim,

You can sleep in the trailer with the Mack parts. Bring your own sleeping bags.

P.S. No camper?....does that mean "no burnt weiners"? Maybe Leslie or Mike will have burnt weiners.... :banana:

• Like 1

Ken

It won't be as easy to post a picture of every Mack as it was for the ATHS show. We took 9 trucks up today, only 4 of which are Macks. We'll make a few more runs tomorrow. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday. Should not have waisted my time washing and drying all these trucks. Mike

Mother nature power washed the truck and trailer last night - high winds and 2.1" of rain. Plan to be on the road around 7a. Need to load my personal stuff, check for any "rain/wind" damage, and then boogie south and east. See you after lunch! Have a safe trip everyone!

• Like 1

Ken

Ok Guys, We will be arriving at the show Friday afternoon and setting up for Saturday only. I just made a fresh batch of BMT name tags to hand out at the show! Be sure to stop by our booth on Saturday to grab your name tag. See you there!

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Carl, would you happen to know if a 2008 Silverado Z71 with the trailer towing package has that feature? I rarely tow trailers and cannot ever remember towing one with brakes so it may be a moot point, but I will keep this in mind.

The girls We will miss you at dinner tonight!!!!

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS