2014 ATCA Macungie Show

farmer52

Only five (5) months till Macungie. Saw the registration form in the latest Double Clutch. Sending my completed registration with check in Tuesday's mail. Already made hotel reservations - Hawthorne Suites; Fogelsville, PA. :banana:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Trucks,trucks and more trucks,huge flea market,trucks beer,food,some women in various states of dress,the Mack visitor center (more trucks) the Mack shop..................oh,and did I mention trucks?....................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks vision 386. Can you describe what all I can expect to see and things to do while there?

The show is Friday and Saturday. Trucks start arriving Wednesday. There are only a few left on Sunday. It will take all of Friday and Saturday to look at the 600 or so trucks and the huge flea market. Firday night is the Family Picnic which draws several hundred people. There is more food than can be eaten, a band and drawings for prizes. There is not a cost, but they ask for donations. Mack provides a bus which goes to the Macungie Plant for self guided tours. I don't know if they have a bus, but there is the Mack Museum and Customer Care Center near by. There is also the America on Wheels Museum in Allentown which has several Macks on exhibit along with lots of cars. If you are around a while you can go to see some private truck collections. If you are bringing family there is lots of sight seeing in Philly about an hour away or Dorney Park amusement park a few miles away. Hope this helps. I'm sure others can add more. FWD is our resident "Julie the cruise director". Maybe he will add something. Mike

• Like 1

R686ST

At Macungie there will be in excess of 600 trucks in a lovely park setting, as well as a large flea market and craft area and a "for Sale" corral. Spectator admission is free all days, although you will have to pay for your car parking ( Fire Police and Boy Scouts)

There is a free ( donations accepted) picnic supper Friday night. This year they are asking you to pre-register so they can get enough food and pre-register's will EAT First. 301-331-6210. There are also free busses Friday and Saturday to both the Mack Museum and the Mack Macungie assembly plant.

The Park has the community swimming pool which is open, Mike Yarnell please jump in here and advise outsider accessability and cost?? There are Diners and Pubs on the Main Street 1 block from the park as well as food vendors at the show

Within an hour or so's drive is the PA Dutch Amish region of Lancaster County (Parrish in your terms) where they still farm with mules ETC and probably should not mention it, but in between is the large Outlet Mall in Reading. Let you decide if you want to let your wife know!!!

Please feel free to ask more questions

Brocky

Edit: Mike we were typing at the same time

Brocky

And at high noon on Saturday we meet at Watt's tent for the BMT group photo.

Brocky - I emailed my reservation for the Friday night "Family Reunion".

r686st - make sure you bring your boots and umbrella.....if it rains, the grounds can get muddy.

Ken

Don't think I'll make it this year. Going out to Colorado to see my son,this summer.Going to try to get to Trucktoberfest or Lititz anyway! :bulldog3: Have fun guys!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

My life is planed around Macungie , Family and some of my friend's make the trip with me and my 3 kid's love the truck show pool as they called it when they were little, now 32,30,20,years old. The show brings us all together for a fun and relaxing weekend. We camp on site for three night's and leave on Sunday late to enjoy the pool and watch the Truck's pull out. Will be bringing the Ward Lafrance this year and hope to park right next to FWD so he can smell and hear the 671 come to life, ok maybe down hill from him so he will not get oil on him .

• Like 1

The ATCA National Meet is June 13 & 14, in 2014. It is always the Friday and Saturday before Fathers day. For more information, please go to, www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org. If you are not a member, I urge you to join!

See you at the "greatest antique truck show on earth!"

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I'll probably start a separate thread for this, but I was wondering how everyone would feel about setting up some type of receptacle for Mack Museum donations at the show from BMT members. We all appreciate what the museum does for us, but nothing says love like money in the pot. Ideas?? Barry a "red kettle" at your tent??

Carl,

Good idea! However, let it be known...."I will NOT stand next to the kettle and ring the bell." :tease:

• Like 1

Ken