Going to Court

other dog

Oh yea I was gonna say if they ask you what that sound is coming from your cell just tell them it's your electric toothbrush....they won't know the difference

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Oh yea I was gonna say if they ask you what that sound is coming from your cell just tell them it's your electric toothbrush....they won't know the difference

After I saw through the bars my plan is to glue some raincoats together and paddle away from Butler just as fast as I can paddle.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I got 9 stops in new york and Ct. Thursday and friday, so if you make it out by then i'll pick u up buddy.....but if you have to stay in jail, just don't drop the soap...

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Course' the right lawyer CAN make all the difference!.....................................Mark

I believe I have a legal matter she can settle.....but she probably dont fool with SMALL claims...lol
  • Like 2

I really think the company should also have a lawyer present.. It sure helped in Tamaqua after the Hometown Chief, in his unmarked car, got thru playing with his calculator the total button read $11,727.50. The $400 I spent on the lawyer was all it cost me in the end. Mainly because he knew how and when to ask to above questions. He also advised me that we were in front of a locally elected judge (political hack) and if we lost we would appeal and the judges in the appellate court were trained lawyers.

Brocky

I just called headquarters and i've got to load in the morning for Warren, Ohio. Then I have to go to Butler, Pa. I think, to go to court on Wednesday about the $6,357 overweight ticket I got. I thought they'd get an attorney from the area to represent me, but I have to go. I hate going to court, but this is pretty serious money and Todd the VP is going and so is Bobby the safety man. I'm glad they're going because it scares me...

best of luck tom..im sure you will be squeezing out of it..bob

If I were an O/O and didn't have the money for a lawyer, I think the first thing I'd do would be to file a RTK request or a Motion for Discovery (don't have to be a lawyer to do that) to determine how many fines they have issued for trucks on that roadway. Secondly I would go there and take photos of where the "NO TRUCKS" signs are, and create a map graphic to show where they are placed in reference to the routes that access the forbidden path.

I would address the Judge in a respectful tone, and state that "Your honor, I am a good, law-abiding person and do not have a criminal record of any kind. I have a clean driving record with no moving violations, and have been a professional driver for "X" amount of years equating to "XXXXXXX" miles of safe, accident and violation free driving. In light of the evidence I have presented today, in conjunction with the fact that I have a clean record, I move that this violation, as well as all of the other violations I have shown in the evidence presented as well as with the Officer's statement that "he sits there regularly and cleans house" that this is nothing more than a revenue-collection farce by the Municipality and/or an attempt by the Officer to pad his stats. I am not denying the fact that I violated the local ordinance, however due to lack of ample notification through signage prior to reaching the roadway in question, I respectfully request your mercy and dismiss the charges, or at the very least a reduction of the fees.

..................or something like that. I played the game a few years ago and got a bullshit speeding ticket thrown out........GOOD LUCK let us know

Go to court much? geez I almost thought you were a lawyer for a minute......hey wait a second!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yeah as others have said, good luck, I think I would want a lawyer like FWD there too just for the correct verbage of, go to hell old man!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Go to court much? geez I almost thought you were a lawyer for a minute......hey wait a second!

No but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Select last night.

I just study things very carefully. Part of my job as a zoning and code enforcement officer require me to make regular court appearances, so knowledge of the law is obviously a good thing for my job. I interact regularly with lawyers and keep up with case law regarding matters of my job. I also have a few friends who are lawyers (one of which has a large collection of antique fire trucks so he's not all THAT bad of a guy) and bounce stuff off of them once in a while.

One thing you have to remember when making court appearances- be respectful and be proper. Begin by apologizing to the Judge for causing everyone to have to be there. Remember you have the right to present testimony and evidence and ask questions of witnesses. When you are questioned, only answer what is asked of you- no more and no less. Don't get emotional and don't offer opinion when asked a question. If you are a law-abiding citizen with a clean record and you made an honest mistake, admit you fucked up and throw yourself at the mercy of the court and you never know, the judge might take pity on you. Many judges don't appreciate Municipalities that think the Courts are their own private ATM.....if you get one of these judges (as was the case when I fought my speeding ticket) you can pull the stunt that I did with a good chance of success. There are many websites out there that will tell you who the Judge is and what he/she is like. Study them before you go into court. Know case law regarding your issue and be prepared to not only cite relevant cases but to answer questions about them. Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to. Above all else- be PREPARED. Don't go in half-cocked with a bad attitude and act as if they are trying to screw you (even if they are.....that's besides the point.) Act as if whatever they say or do is precisely what you expected to happen. When the Judge renders his decision, thank him for his time even if the ruling was against you.

Doing some homework could mean the difference between your case being dismissed or being found guilty, losing out on $177.00 (which at the time was a huge hit for me) but what was worse was the four points on my license when I had a top-shelf auto insurance company who most likely would have dropped me if found guilty.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

get a lawyer if you can to meet you there or at least call one and get some advice, the company seems more like moral support but are they going to help pay the fine? There are plenty of traffic lawyers always ready to help out for a couple hundred bucks.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."