Ednt 866. 325hp or 375hp

24vman

866 was 375hp and was silver in colour. Usually came standard with Mack 12spd or Fuller 15spd. 865 was 325 hp and gold in colour and came with Mack 5 or 6 spd. It's hard to say what you have there because who knows what someone has done with the truck over time .

Like the man said, the model number will tell you what engine the truck came with. And, the ID number on the engine is pretty much foolproof.

I've got all the model number vs. engine number stuff around here somewhere. I just can't seem to remember where it is.

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, 864 was non-turbo (as in END-864). 865 was single turbo Maxidyne. Wasn't the 866 dual turbo??? Maybe not...

Sorry if I'm incorrect. The drugs are still messin' with the Weasel!

A couple of images to ponder (hope they are legible)...

post-11199-0-65947500-1389361437_thumb.j

post-11199-0-47835900-1389361447_thumb.j

post-11199-0-39998900-1389362090_thumb.j

post-11199-0-75706900-1389362100_thumb.j

post-11199-0-13549400-1389362108_thumb.j

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

TheENDT 864 option was a dual turbo engine with 255-350hp depending on set up. Of the few hundred produced most were the 255hp.

Okay! That helps a bunch. I KNEW there was some kind of dual turbo model, but wasn't sure which one.

Mega thanks for that bit of info, 'daddy!

Bummer i was hoping it was the 375hp engine.. but anyway i plan to sledpull with the truck alittle. my question now is, is there alot of adjusting that can be done on the pump? maybe a little timing. id likie to get it to 400 425hp with not alot of hard parts, and maybe put on a smoke show. but this is just for fun not looking to be a sledpulling champ. thanks for the info so far..

I got around to looking for the model number. It's a dm895sx1542. It's a 73. What do you guys think? 325 or 375. Thanks.

And let's do the obligatory pointing out of the "S" for tandem (all DM trucks were tandem, I believe), and "X" for heavy spec...just in case any newcomers are wondering...

Glad these guys were able to help you out with the identification.

Really? I've never seen a single-screw DM! Learn something new every day.

Got any pics or literature on a single? I'd sure like to see one.

wrecker co. south of pittsburg pa has one heavy fronts and 26k rear and stout bed on it I should took some pics of it. It would out lift a stretched out pete with a century bed and didn't even have stablizer legs