BMT vs. "Other" Forums

doubleclutchinweasel

Rusty, Rob parted ways here last year. Got busy and just decided to pull up stakes. I've spoke with him a few times, emailed a few times. He stays pretty busy with a garage full of Mack projects. The last pics I got were of the rear suspension going together on the back of his B model. He was wanting to retire from his guberment job, not sure if that has taken place yet.

BMT is pretty much the most laid back, "self moderated" type site around. Don't get the trouble makers that many other sites get. We do have our moments, but usually are short and forgotten. We are mostly "grown" people that are smart enough to not make an azz of ourselves for everyone to see. We might do stupid things, but don't go sling'n mud around.

I am part of many other sites, each pertaining to something different I am involved in. Most are nice and clean like here. Yes, Yellowbullet is a freeforall. You can get some good technical advice if you keep the idiots out of your post.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I visit here several times a day if I can get to a computer. It has been fun, entertaining and informative. I've always felt welcome although I was a bit nervous at first to post stuff...I'm over that now. I am proud to be associated with the group. I think it is great that someone like Umodelnut (the vinster) can talk shop and learn from a bunch of guys who have been driving and wrenching all this time. It's great to have the young guys around and know that our pasion and our sickness for these old rigs will continue.

Great stuff and I wouldn't change a thing, nor would I go elsewhere. Much appreciated the help and support from all! Thank you to Barry and Co for making this possible. Orders coming soon too.

Greg

• Like 1

Yellow Bullet has a fine wimmins dept which the gf says to stay out of....

I enjoy this site for history of the Mack brand, pictures, tech help, what's new stories, truck adventures and even trying to figure out modern trucks with their electrical issue by reading various post. Thanks goodness there are some folks here that CAN figure out the modern stuff.

As with many groups, clubs or events, it is the people that make the difference. The very best cast of characters visit here!

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The 2 most asinine responses to a post, & my thoughts on each...

1. "I never had any problem with MINE."

Well, ain't it effin' wonderful to be you! Why the hell didn't you just say NOTHING instead of wasting everyone's time who read your "response".

2. "Why do you wanaa do that?" Or "You shouldn't do that."

Because it's MINE. When you start paying the bills, you can have an opinion about what I'm doing!

Guys on here might warn you that what you're about to do may not be the best idea, but then they'll try to answer your question.

Maybe driving a Mack beats you up so bad that don't have strength to be so damned belligerent!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

This is the only trucking fourm that I visit because of the way it's run... We can talk trucks,women,politics and still be friends....only once in a while does someone try to get out of line and when that happens it either settles itself or they get the wrath of us....

If you like wild and crazy forums that anything goes with little moderation check out " the yellow bullet" It can be a soap opera or hell depending on the day....

Yellow bullet? sounds like a device used by a desperate housewife. just my two cents.

• Like 2

I have enjoyed the site and the comments by other members to my postings. I belong to a couple of other sites other than this and they are nice but I spend most of my time on here and honestly everyone being Mack guys appreciate the varius trucks guys have on here including non Mack brands.

I have enjoyed the site and the comments by other members to my postings. I belong to a couple of other sites other than this and they are nice but I spend most of my time on here and honestly everyone being Mack guys appreciate the varius trucks guys have on here including non Mack brands.

Some of our guys badmouth other brands. Not me! Like one of the guys said earlier this month, "Old iron is old iron."

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I come here because I don't have anything else to do..... :tease: I really need to find something productive to do with my time. :rolleyes:

Seriously I joined to learn more about my MH and locate needed parts. I met many nice people, well for the most part, and learned lots about Macks. BMT is the best place to hang out on the interweb. I spend 90% of my "interweb forum" time here on BMT. I never expected to develop friendships with many of the BMT members and to be active in attending truck shows. I look forward to the shows to meet friends and make new friends. I am not much help on a lot of things but help as best I can when I can.

I belong to the Honda Nighthawk forum and several farm/tractor forums but rarely post.

Barry let's us have a lot of freedom and to "police ourselves". He steps in when needed. Great job Barry! :twothumbsup:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Like Ken,i was new to the interweb and came here looking for info on a particular truck,little did I know It would lead to something I truly look forward to checking out! I never knew there were so many people out there with similar backgrounds and interests as mine! Pretty much right from the start I was made to feel welcome at BMT,did'nt get laughed at for my lack of computer savvy (well a little) Personally,i don't belong to any other groups and this is about as close as I'm ever going to get to "social networking" I'm real glad I happened onto BMT,been a few rough patches here and there,but always feel better after a "rant" and consider many people on here to be friends, even if we have not met in person! I learned a good many things I didn't know too!...............I think its cool that the younger guys seem truly interested in what us old coots have to say about trucks and trucking!........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've hit "quote" a couple of times for slpwlkr's comment above but it's not working for some reason- so here's a cut and paste quote and reply:

Slpwlkr: "Been to the Pete forum and just felt dirty afterwards."

Shit if I went onto the Pete forum I would have to run over my computer with the FWD, smash the remaining pieces with a sledge hammer, then burn that with a torch, and then dump the ashes into the river.

Let's not even discuss driving a pete..........

Best post. Lol. that was fawking Hilarious

Like finding a GOOD woman, Why do you want to look any farther. I came across this site in my search for an OL'DOG, one to restore and spend some time with, I found one but yet to get it home so I been learning a lot just from being on this site. Everybody has been friendly and respectful to all, I hope to meet as many as I can in the future. If I can ever be of any help to anyone just let me know.

Edited by KECorbin22

All of the above. Owning a Mack or any semi truck was a totally insane idea, as if I did not have enough on my plate at the time. I had been lurking around for several years and was enjoying the BS. Especially Rob Swallows Road Kill Cafe and Momma his wife. It became the place I wanted to go when you could let your hair down.

mike

By the way, on one forum, the moderator said part of my post was "unnecessary". I wonder if he caught the irony that ALL of his comments were "unnecessary"?

I see that on another site I belong too. The moderators or the police but they are also the offenders but they do not see it.

• Like 2

I enjoy the comraderie on this forum. You guys showed what great people you were back when I was sick. Heck y'all didn't even know me. But the knowledge I've gained from reading this forum about my favorite brand of truck you can't get on these other forums. My ex girlfriend from high school showed this forum to me , and now I don't go anywhere else.

Ya see what this place does?

Mike just got done with a four day run out west. got home a short time ago and HERE HE IS

Ran thru the house, said Hi to everybody "Gotta see what the news is on BMT"

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

gotta agree this summer was my first time on here and needed info in a hurry, as I was transplanting and interbreeding a e-9 450 to a e9-500 and found a few "glitches" that you guys helped me with. I appreciated very much as I don't live in a mack rich environment. so finding answers on the big boys wasn't easy around home but seamed to find them within hours on here. Now I cant seam to leave here,I really enjoy reading the posts and problems of the fellow man.

thanks gearhead

I agree with BMT being a great forum, I want to thank Barry and the moderators for making this what it has become. It seems to me this forum has doubled in active members since I first joined and I think that is mainly due to the freedoms we are allowed. I think most of us are of a mind that our freedoms shall not be infringed and in keeping with this view our use of our right to freedom of speech is rarely infringed by the BMT moderators. I as before appreciate the knowledge of BMT members, I know that I have learned a lot from questions and answers posted and m grateful to have done so. I hope this forum is kept alive and that I can give back a fraction of the knowledge to others as Im able.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"