odd butt when I took my heads off, they has the thin maxidyne gaskets and the fire rings but the heads don't have a groove for the fire ring to fit in,..... they fit above the surface. I put new gaskets and fire rings back on just how it was. maybe someone didn't know what they were doing? I know the gaskets are the same part number a s 237 cause we had one apart at the same time as mine and put new heads on it and used the same gaskets for both engines

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Copied this off the back of an early F model brochure (that was a copy from the museum).No date on it but it has to be early '62,I would imagine.Seems that by the time this was printed,the 205hp was upgraded to a blistering 211hp! Get in,shut up,and hold on!! LOL!!

post-510-0-21336300-1389322322_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have seen the engine listed in an R model brochure and the truck on the cover had the bicentennial paint job so im guessin it was around 72-74? it has the engine listed in it as 200hp at 1800rpms with an operating ranger 1200-1800. the truck it came out of was a heavy spec 1962 B61SX and im guessi the truck originally came with a 711 and the owner bought this end707 as a short block and put it in the truck, we scrapped the truck as the frame was shot,sold the rears and the front axle and engine went into my truck an cab and 18 speed double over quad wet into my cousins B68 we repowered

the end707 was offered AFTER the 711 was dumped. same motor, less hp and has fire rings. still boggles me why Mack would even offer this end707 naturally aspirated engine in the 70's when the 237 turbo was available.

I say the same thing about the motor in my 361 Brockway, it's a 1974 with a stroked 250 (super 250 937 ci) non turbo?? Why? Now if Cummins put a turbo on her... That would be a monster!

BULLHUSK

i dunno, I can tell you this, when I first put my truck together with 10 speed duplex and it was useless behind the end707. couldn't ever split it and it was NEVER in the power band and was always lugging or screaming. ended up putting a triplex behind it and its a dream now. the truck it came out of had a TRQ7210 18 speed quadbox behind the end707.

• Like 1

So how would a END 673 react to this transmission TRQ 7210 ? I would think maybe a dog to shift and lug the motor?Mine has the TRD72 Duplex.

I find it very interesting about the many uses of engines and transmissions that Mack used. I have not done my homework on this.

mike