Sidelined

Superdog

Ive been laid up for a couple of days too. Cant remember ever taking a day off . Doc told me rest it for a few weeks and I didn't listen. Now I cant walk. Trying to heal it up . Bursitis and Cellulitis in left knee. Heres a pic from Friday night

I fought and tried to drive a dump truck with bursitis for a couple weeks and it finally put me down, I couldn't get in the truck, wen to the doc, got it drained, antibiotics, etc. I haven't had a flare up in a few years and Im glad that sucks.

Take it easy on the leg Mike, no need to overdo things and have surgery.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Get well soon.

too damn cold to be outside anyway

I'll have my down time coming soon-hernia surgery

I've got to get mine fixed, too. Been just dealing with it for about 5 years now. You can sure tell you've got it when you one-man an 11r24.5 into the bed of a pickup.

Jake

Sorry to hear that,Mike. Sometimes we all need a little "wrenchin' " too. I got a shoulder that hurts every time I put a shirt or jacket on.I got to get that checked out too :whistling:. Hope they get you straightened out soon,bud.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Sorry to hear about your problem Mike. Cellulitis is nothing to mess with. A very nasty infection that can spread if you don't follow the doctors instruction and take the meds. My son-in-law recently had it and he was in the hospital for nearly a week and off work for several weeks. Will keep you on our prayers.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Sounds like Mike and Dig could use some of that OD apple pie shine. I bet OD would deliver if he got bored!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Those leg infections are nothing to fool around with. Back when I was in the building business we had a guy helping his son with landscaping. Hit his foot with an edger. Had it stitched up. Back a couple of days later, they removed his foot. Another couple of days they removed his leg. Couple of days after that he died. Seriously consider what they tell ya, get well and back on the road soon. Hope you all have a happy and prosperous new year.

Those leg infections are nothing to fool around with. Back when I was in the building business we had a guy helping his son with landscaping. Hit his foot with an edger. Had it stitched up. Back a couple of days later, they removed his foot. Another couple of days they removed his leg. Couple of days after that he died. Seriously consider what they tell ya, get well and back on the road soon. Hope you all have a happy and prosperous new year.

Wow, sounds like the "macho man" 's story, a driver and good friend of mine. He was bitten on his heel by a brown recluse spider, but he didn't go to the doctor for a while and by then it was badly infected and just wouldn't heal. Took them a while to figure out what it was when he finally did go. He ended up losing his leg at the knee. I stopped by his house in Farmville several times to see him, then heard that he had passed away a year or so after he lost his leg.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Mike, Do as the doctor's tell you. Last March my mom (in Indiana) and my dad (in Florida) both had surgery for preipheral artery disease. Both had the same basic procedure (by-pass of arteries in the left leg). Within days my dad was up & doing well by following the doctors orders. Dad quit smoking back about 1984 but still smokes cigars in the evening. Mom is still struggling to this day but she spends all day sitting on her ass in her kitchen playing solitaire & smoking cigarettes. Just a few weeks ago my dad scored a hole-in-one in one of his two weekly golf leagues. Mom is proud that the gangrene is almost gone but can hardly walk because she has refused to follow doctor recommendations to the point that shortly after surgery she was suppose to be going to the hospital to spend time in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber but she refused to get up before 8am so she could be there by 10am.

Please, please follow doctor recommendations. Those guys seem to know what they're talking about.

Get better soon, and follow the Dr.s orders. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE