Ford diesel's

Timothy Maikshilo

Looks Good!

Just remind your wife that both of you can drive around in your "toolbox". If you spent $4,000 on a Snap On box, you can't drive around. Looks to me like you found a bargain!

Jim I told her the same thing about the "tool" box! Hell I told her she could go get groceries with it and stop and fill the fuel barrel on the way home. Save time and money! She rolled her eyes knowing she can't win!

• Like 1

Hate to intrude, but this is a GREAT topic! :thumb:

It was 12 years since I had my first & last Ford diesel pick up and I always regretted selling it.

It was a '93 250 XLT with a 7.3 IDI / 5 speed / 3.54 rears

(scan of a real picture - not the best)

250diesel.jpg

I got the urge to find another one last summer and stumbled across a '91 that was freshly imported to PA from southern California. It's in great condition body-wise, but it's a little tired. It's a 250 Lariat with a 7.3 IDI / 5 speed / 4.10 rears

91-1.png

A few weeks ago I bought a '90 350 "farm truck" with a 7.3 / 5 speed / 3.55 rears that will - at the very least - be a donor for a solid front axle conversion on the white truck.

90-1.png

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

Looks like a good one!

Parts of 91 do resemble a roller coaster.

Up Up and Away!

Hate to intrude, but this is a GREAT topic! :thumb:

It was 12 years since I had my first & last Ford diesel pick up and I always regretted selling it.

It was a '93 250 XLT with a 7.3 IDI / 5 speed / 3.54 rears

(scan of a real picture - not the best)

250diesel.jpg

I got the urge to find another one last summer and stumbled across a '91 that was freshly imported to PA from southern California. It's in great condition body-wise, but it's a little tired. It's a 250 Lariat with a 7.3 IDI / 5 speed / 4.10 rears

91-1.png

A few weeks ago I bought a '90 350 "farm truck" with a 7.3 / 5 speed / 3.55 rears that will - at the very least - be a donor for a solid front axle conversion on the white truck.

90-1.png

Very nice Terry great to see some more Ford diesels saved!

Had a 1999 350 dually. Pulled a fifth wheel tri axle double race car trailer with it. Chip, up and down pipes for the turbo, turbo back exhaust and a huge finned aluminum oil and tranny pan and diff cover. Got great mileage and never missed a beat. Even on RT 17 going from NYC to Watkins Glen or in the mountains north of Montreal. Trailer was all steel. Guessed that total weight was at or slightly above max GVWR. Great truck. When the trailer went so did it. Miss that ole girl

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

just had to take my trust not so trusty work truck 2007 6.0 xlt lariat junk back to the dealer again. taillights went out, on its 5th headlight switch, second Fica module, second computer, all new injectors, glow plug harness, the usual only 135,000 on it, needless to say im drivin the back up, 1999 F350 SD xlt with 324,000 miles on the 7.3 and going strong, pathetic what Ford did getting rid of the 7.3. the 7.3 with 324,000 on it is on its third box from the sander being in it, second set of cab corners, has had a new glow plug harness and oil cooler, power steering cooler and transmission cooler and lines. all that just cause of the salt in Ny. as for the engine, it will probably go another 300,000

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

My daily driver. 1997 Power Stroke. 163K. Banks stuff installed.

Very nice 97! They don't stay like that in VT!

Had a 1999 350 dually. Pulled a fifth wheel tri axle double race car trailer with it. Chip, up and down pipes for the turbo, turbo back exhaust and a huge finned aluminum oil and tranny pan and diff cover. Got great mileage and never missed a beat. Even on RT 17 going from NYC to Watkins Glen or in the mountains north of Montreal. Trailer was all steel. Guessed that total weight was at or slightly above max GVWR. Great truck. When the trailer went so did it. Miss that ole girl

Sounds like it was a great truck and memories!

just had to take my trust not so trusty work truck 2007 6.0 xlt lariat junk back to the dealer again. taillights went out, on its 5th headlight switch, second Fica module, second computer, all new injectors, glow plug harness, the usual only 135,000 on it, needless to say im drivin the back up, 1999 F350 SD xlt with 324,000 miles on the 7.3 and going strong, pathetic what Ford did getting rid of the 7.3. the 7.3 with 324,000 on it is on its third box from the sander being in it, second set of cab corners, has had a new glow plug harness and oil cooler, power steering cooler and transmission cooler and lines. all that just cause of the salt in Ny. as for the engine, it will probably go another 300,000

My work 6.0 has been in and out of the shop usually when I need it most, it's my damn office and then try to work out of the "spare" is a nightmare! I know what your saying for sure. We have a few 7.3 with close to 300,000 miles.

I've got three Ford diesels and enough parts to make another and still have a spare motor, lol. My DD is a 96 F250 4x4, 5spd, 4.10s with well over 400k. It's got a 3 inch DP into 4 inch straight pipe, Edge tuner, shimmed FPR, did the 10k mod for a while, but the tired old truck couldn't take it. It needs a set of injectors in the worst way, but it still goes.

My project truck is another 96, 7.3, 4x4, 5spd, with 169k. Body is kinda whooped on. Old pipeline welding truck, but it runs better than my DD.

Then the old man drives a 92 IDI, auto, 4x4.

They're all great trucks. I love the Ford diesel trucks 83-97. I just wish my Powerstrokes were as easy to work on as the N/A 7.3s. I could do IDI injectors without finishing a case of beer. It's probably gonna take me a while to do them in my 96, but I think I'm just going to redo the top end and main bearings while it's apart. I'll get some pictures of my fleet up soon.

• Like 1

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

http://www.olderfseries.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7324&p=78485#p78485

There's a write-up of my truck. I figured I'd post it, it's got everything done to it (granted it ain't much) listed, for anyone who'd be interested. I'll post the pictures directly to the site a litte later.

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...