Barn "wallpaper"

Garlits was trying all sorts of aero stuff with that car. It had the Lexan canopy, the nose cover over the front wheels and the little front tires.

My memory says the Top Fuel class was "stuck" in the 250-260 mph range and with some of the aero changes, Garlits punched through the air to 272 mph. That was few days ago and now T/F is 300+.

I remember when Bernstien first broke into the 300 club now it seems they all do now

I really enjoyed seeing Don Garlit in his dragsters, especially the old front engine rails. I have not had the privilege to visit his museum but would probably stay all day if I could. I liked watching Tommy Ivo, Tom McEwen and many others in the good ole days of Drag Racing. I have taped the late great Ronnie Sox when he ran the Sonny Yates 426 semi hemi in a replica of his early 64 Comet. He would run perfect reaction times and was not a young man anymore. He was a great racing legend. I wonder if there is a web-site that has all of the old racers in action?

mike