"Who delivered a whole truck load of fizzies into the swim meet?

Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner?

Every Halloween the trees are filled with underwear......Every spring, the toilets explode."

Yeah, so what is your point?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 2 weeks later...

On Brad's website, there is a good write-up on the building of the KW.

After a couple of years of digging & research, there's still debate "out there" as to whether Brad's Pete is "truck 2" or "truck 3" from Duel.

I've found pretty compelling information that it is #2, which is the truck used to film a couple of scenes that were added to the theatrical release of the movie. The truck HAS been modified since then. Some say it is #3, which was not used in the film. But, I am pretty sure #3 was a shorter-wheelbase truck, which was later re-painted & used elsewhere in movies.

Doesn't matter one way or the other...it's still just super cool!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 2 weeks later...

There were I think 3 trucks used to make the movie. One was warehoused for many years and came out to the ATHS national show at the California Speedway, Fontana, CA. in spring 2004. One of the Duel trucks was auctioned off at that show. The guy that won it was pretty hammered and wanted someone to move it out to the parking lot for him, so he could get it picked up the next day. So my buddy hopped in and drove it out. He was going up and down the isles in the lot, throwing little, spooky revs, and freaking everyone out. It was cool to see it in motion.

There were I think 3 trucks used to make the movie. One was warehoused for many years and came out to the ATHS national show at the California Speedway, Fontana, CA. in spring 2004. One of the Duel trucks was auctioned off at that show. The guy that won it was pretty hammered and wanted someone to move it out to the parking lot for him, so he could get it picked up the next day. So my buddy hopped in and drove it out. He was going up and down the isles in the lot, throwing little, spooky revs, and freaking everyone out. It was cool to see it in motion.

This one was in (I believe) Denver, CO for several years before Brad bought it. One was destroyed in filming. The other, (I believe it was the shorter wheelbase) was, I believe, repainted and went on to do...something else.

I would have loved to have driven this thing...just once!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."