Mack Rail – The Locomotives

Memo to Ralph: Sorry foamer, but old pictures of old locomotives are worthless- Those locos appeared in public all over the place for years and probably hundreds of images of them exist, and a lot of them very firmly in the public domain. So if you're hoping to make some small bucks threatening lawsuits, sorry buddy, get a life and maybe a job too. You'd be wise to accept the OP's kind off of a penny in royalties, 'cause that's the best you're gonna get!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

First the complainer needs to prove he has a valid current copyright to that image.

Second the complainer needs to prove the image was taken from his website, and when. The complainer may have lost his claim by setting up the website to allow the copying of images

Third he needs to show how he was harmed and or how the use of the image benefited some one else financially

The last hurdle will be the statue of limitations

2 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

Black dog Nice superliner. Hard to believe he gave you a hard time about a picture of your truck.

This is mine on my property that I took  7 or 8 years ago, posted it here in the Marmon thread a couple of years ago and got a nasty response from a  H. Suderman from the H truck site that I used the photo I took  with out their permission. .

marmon2-vi.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Trolling Google images and trying to get copyright holders whipped up about someone else using their pictures is apparently a business strategy for some legal firms. I'm personally aware of this case from a few years ago:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2982914/hacker-magazine-2600-extorted-for-714-over-ink-spot-pic-copyright-troll-doesnt-own.html

There exist automated services for doing this, apparently, and some "enterprising" legal group decided to start offering the "service" as something that one can pay for.

Well personally I think it’d be an honor to have my pictures used to discuss history, or used at all and an example of something! It’d be different if someone tried to claim they took the photo themselves but that’s clearly not the situation here... but I guess people will do anything for money. It’s sad to see someone try to scam others out of money for sharing information, or in this case photos, that they have provided to the public. This would be a different story if he just responded “hey those are my pictures!” and left it at that but he had to go and threaten a lawsuit over it!

thank you for sharing the history of Macks on rails, it’d be interesting to restore one of those AC based ones, it’d probably be easier than the other two, can’t believe nobody ever talks about Macks locomotives.

• Thanks 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 1 month later...

Hello, new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has the diagrams for the 4 axle Mack Boxcab, otherwise known as Mack No. 3 and 4. I am interested in making a 3D model of it, and bringing it into the Trainz Railroad Simulator. If anyone has anything, my email is Trainman05@mail.com.

Thanks, TM05/MatthewB.

Edited by Trainman05
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...