2015 granite warranty! Which way to go?

Does that emissions warranty cover your downtime too? If not, you might still go broke from all of your unplanned & unpaid vacation time while the emissions crap is being fixed...bank is still gonna want that note paid whether the truck is on the road or not. Or have they got all them bugs worked out of that crap by now?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The ratios have been explained elsewhere, the b-box is a battery box mounted on the right side with air tanks under it and the remaining air tanks mounted between the frame rails. You have to have a certain cubic foot measurement of air storage capacity so they put the tanks where they can depending on the trucks specs and end use. The fuel tank is just what it says a 66 or 88 gallon fuel tank on the left side its written as the square sleeved tank in that spec which gives more fuel capacity in less length than round.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I spoke with the Mack rep and this is what he gave me to choose from. Rear-end ratio to maximize fuel economy / 3:94 1310 RPM’s @ 65 MPH, or 4:35 1400 @ 65 MPH (Recommended) what do you think? The granite has a MP8 445HP with an Allison 4500-RDS-6 front axel 20,000 rear axel 46,000. They say this is good for power and speed! So my Mack partners please feel free to chime in!

I'm also purchasing a new Granite. Trying to figure out which transmission to go with. Was looking at 310MLR and 318LR. I'm from old school 12 speed. Had several guys suggest the allison. Would like to know peoples opinions. I'm using truck for a volumetric mixer (mix-on-site) concrete truck. Need low gears, and creeper gear for pouring curbs. Seems like the allison has some advantages. Never driven one. Looking for input from people with experience with them.

Look up the Allison website, there's a video there of two dump trucks driving fully loaded through "pea stone". The standard shift makes it about a third of the way through while the Allison equipped truck drives right on through non stop!

I know it's comparing apples to oranges but we've moved to all Allison fleet of medium duty tow trucks and have had no problems and nothing but praise for them! Just remember to change fluid and filters (an easy job) when recommended, and spend the $$$ for the fully synthetic fluid. I bet you'll be glad you switched!

Over the years Ive seen dealers take trucks in for warranty from one week to one month and still do a lozy job with a b c class mech with a company that had several hundred power units . I bought 01 RD it spent more time broke and know iam broke thank you MACK been a fan for 35+ years .

Ed

Hell, I was broke before I bought my truck. Not much has changed except the cash flow. More money passes through my hands than I ever thought possible...I just wish I could hang onto some of it for a while. Seems every time I get back on track to get caught up, something else comes up...and it just never seems to end. Oh well...beats being broke working behind a desk in a windowless cubicle.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 4 weeks later...