Went to the dark side

mack mhe9

Nothing wrong with the E6 350 in the MH. It's a good truck but needs a lot to get it ready to pull freight for 85000 miles a year. I thought if I painted that detroit 60 red everyone would think I had an MP8? If I didn't built a nice E7 for it I would swap an N14 in to the MH.

Paint the green leaker Maxidyne Gold. May put a little power in her.
  • Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Use a good quality epoxy primer and paint on it, that will help seal all the leaks!

I have run some series 60's they are pretty reliable and make decent power, I hate the startup at 1000rpm always drove me nuts for a cold engine to run wide open at startup. I have rebuilt a few 470's and a 500, they are pretty simple for sure, the only special tool you need is an injector height guage and im sure it could be done without it. All the series 60's I have in framed were down due to catastrophic piston failure, the two piece piston comes apart and will normally have the crown stick towards the top of the cylinder and bend a valve or two when it does, you get all kinds of neat stuff out of the oil pan when it happens. They normally need the counter bores and liner bores cut and need oversize liners, but they go back together pretty easy and I have never had to replace a cam, always swapped in a reman head and reman injectors and a new or reman turbo when we did one. The head bolt torque sequence gets tiring, 38 bolts in three steps to 200lbs, my arm always wanted to give out after the second step. You can swap out the fuel return orifice and mess with the fuel pressure sensor and get free horsepower out of em but they get awful hot when they overfuel and are prone to melting down, better to stick with the official electronics, injectors and turbo swap for power.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I did some investigating and have found out that F.W.D. name has basically been dissolved for all intents and purposes, and what was left of their stock, designs, patents etc for modern snow equipment has gone to the Wausau line of products.

All archives, patents, designs, files, etc of F.W.D. trucks has been retained by the Seagrave Corporation.

......another one bites the dust. :thumbsdown:

(but at least they weren't bought out by some outfit with a name that sounds like a female body part.....)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Bought this to run. They had a couple Mack's but they were pretty raged out. Had this 2001 12.7 430/470 10 spd, complete history from day one. And it was setup to pull a flatbed. Payed 9 for it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I can tell you this much already it's a lot quieter, and rides smoother, but we will see.

Looks good Ray.....very clean.....To me the guy behind the wheel is what counts.....I'd hire you again in a minute.....no matter what your driving.....Good luck with it

Bought this to run. They had a couple Mack's but they were pretty raged out. Had this 2001 12.7 430/470 10 spd, complete history from day one. And it was setup to pull a flatbed. Payed 9 for it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I can tell you this much already it's a lot quieter, and rides smoother, but we will see.

:pat:

Almost bought cab over Freight Shaker when my V8 threw a Rod

Man....these E9 horror stories give me the heebie jeebies. Too bad they make it so you can't run this stuff daily anymore. Guess they are the cats azz when running, but a gold plated turd when you have to fix it. Sucks.

I know a fellow over on ATHS site(Tony Brown) that bought a KW with a 3408 and tried to run it. It was shorted lived and ended up putting a 425 in it instead. He tried at least.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I did some investigating and have found out that F.W.D. name has basically been dissolved for all intents and purposes, and what was left of their stock, designs, patents etc for modern snow equipment has gone to the Wausau line of products.

All archives, patents, designs, files, etc of F.W.D. trucks has been retained by the Seagrave Corporation.

......another one bites the dust. :thumbsdown:

(but at least they weren't bought out by some outfit with a name that sounds like a female body part.....)

Delores?

Jim