B61 Cost of ownership/common problems.

Don't give up on it if you really want it. Many an E-bay sale falls through, so I would contact the seller to let him know you are interested

That's what happened in my case. The buyer that outbid me was so busy giving shipping instructions and being a BFD he forgot to pay, even the deposit. So it does pay to let the sellers know you are a good plan B. There is also another B Model wrecker on ebay ,http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Mack-B61-B-Model-Mack-with-Wrecker-Body-/251376759742?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a8738f3be&item=251376759742&pt=Commercial_Trucks#ht_70wt_872 quite a bit more money but no bids. Looks like a nice truck. O feedback from seller which means "Be Careful".

Keep looking and as Fxfymn said drop the guy a note on e-bay just in case it goes south..There are lots of B-models around. Watch e-bay and craigs list for starters. Local auto trader type weekly for sale listings have old trucks once in a while too. I didn't note your location but there are typically guys around that have them for sale. Getting a good price is sometimes tough but..be patient

good luck!

$2500-$3500 you can ask for more might get it. If I were buying I would not pay more than $3500 unless it was something special or had a lot of extra parts.

From my observations and buying and selling, I watch ebay and CL for a month or two, most trucks all start out high and either don't sell or they relist with a lower price, trucks will typically sell when they are fair priced it. My 1980 R model I bought last spring was listed at 12K. I called and asked about the truck and asked for pictures, made a offer. After a few months of not selling I made another and got it for considerably less. Some may say I bought a set of tires and got the truck for free since it had new tires all the way around.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."