Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

Nuthin like riding the clock sitting in a truck, if they'll pay by the hour take all you can get.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

6-12" here. They shut down everything last night, before the first flake flew. Sleeted for a couple of hours early this morning and it's putting it down pretty good right now. Almost time to make my first pass on the road.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I had a wingman come and shoot some video while I was plowing Wed. into Thurs.

I shortened it to a 2 min. ride along. At the end of the video I show my automatic tire chains. They work really good. I can get away with just 7500 pounds on the back, and not spin in wet heavy snow. The chains are ONSPOT, made in the USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eR9YrbR8rk0

• Like 2

Keith 

Thanks for the complements guys. Much appreciated!

MACKS, about the amount of time I plow , its not as much as you would think. The regional municipality that I work for have combination plow and sander units that are the primary caretaker of the road. They would work 500 to 700 hours in a season.Thats generally from Nov 01 to middle of April.

Plows like mine (no sander) are only called in storms generally or blowing snow. It averages about 100 hours. I probably work less than you guys. Ha,ha .

It used to be more when I started with my own truck in the early 90's. We used to be called out when the first snowflake fell, and didn't finish till everything was perfect.

This is why I have so much respect and admiration for my Mack snowplow. There has been times it would run for days around the clock with no stop, and in the 16

years I have owned it. It has never let me down once.

I think thats pretty good for a truck that was already 13 years old when I got it. And is pushing 30 years old now.

I almost forgot. The region I work for are getting new Granite snowplows. It is the first time they have ever had Mack. When they come in I will take pics and post.

Keith

Keith 

• 2 weeks later...