BKrois

Snow Removal stuff

Got to the port this morning at 9am it's now 6pm and still on line to get the first load

Still in use at a local office building

post-38-0-99212600-1393802058_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-41367500-1393802075_thumb.jpg

Got to the port this morning at 9am it's now 6pm and still on line to get the first load

What??? Hope you are on the clock.

Good sit there as long as you are going to get paid. This storm is turning out to be a wash for us. Might not even get called out. Or the trucks will be on the clock and were never called. :idunno: Hmmmm...

Nuthin like riding the clock sitting in a truck, if they'll pay by the hour take all you can get.

We didn't even get a flake.

Snowing right now and 1/4" of ice Horn Lake,Ms

6-12" here. They shut down everything last night, before the first flake flew. Sleeted for a couple of hours early this morning and it's putting it down pretty good right now. Almost time to make my first pass on the road.

Took these Saturday at the City of Stamford. I walked inside to get the ticket signed and there was all brand new macks (some not used) and brand new equipment

post-13537-0-18169200-1393885510_thumb.j

post-13537-0-55844300-1393885523_thumb.j

• Like 1

All y'all New England plow boys are just itching with the mid week forecast

• Like 1

All y'all New England plow boys are just itching with the mid week forecast

Another one of those..............."if the track shifts north, blah blah. we shall see.

I haven't been following the weather reports for snow for jersey but I think we are getting something this week the only reason I know this is because my guys spent all day Saturday washing all the trucks go figure!

Yup there talking about snow again for the north east mid Atlantic for Sunday-Monday..Figures I just got done cleaning up my truck for spring work if it ever comes..

Last week I would have said I wanted another storm but after the little taste of spring we had this week I'm done with the snow this year!

Cool vid,thanks for sharing, remember years back when those auto chains first came out,how many hours or days a year do you put in plowing?

Thanks for the complements guys. Much appreciated!

MACKS, about the amount of time I plow , its not as much as you would think. The regional municipality that I work for have combination plow and sander units that are the primary caretaker of the road. They would work 500 to 700 hours in a season.Thats generally from Nov 01 to middle of April.

Plows like mine (no sander) are only called in storms generally or blowing snow. It averages about 100 hours. I probably work less than you guys. Ha,ha .

It used to be more when I started with my own truck in the early 90's. We used to be called out when the first snowflake fell, and didn't finish till everything was perfect.

This is why I have so much respect and admiration for my Mack snowplow. There has been times it would run for days around the clock with no stop, and in the 16

years I have owned it. It has never let me down once.

I think thats pretty good for a truck that was already 13 years old when I got it. And is pushing 30 years old now.

I almost forgot. The region I work for are getting new Granite snowplows. It is the first time they have ever had Mack. When they come in I will take pics and post.

Keith