Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

no my truck. I didn't hear about Breen truck going over. I went to his garage sat am and saw a tow guy pickin up chains.kevin wasn't there so I jus left .. Do tell

The other morning in the beginning of the week. They were salting and he hit one of the bridges on 17 up by me. Closed the road for a while. That's the second one they wrecked this year.

thats sucks I dont have any trucks with salters but if I did i would get the one thats drops into the body I know its a pain but ateast safer

Yea I think a dedicated salter would be better than the auger type on the gate of the truck. One year They caught the power lines and fiber optics on top of RT17 Northbound in U Saddle River by the Quick Check.

Well... It's not the big stuff but here is my snow removal equipment.

I got out of the contract snow removal a couple years ago so I sold the Mule but still have the truck. The last two pic's are from the last weekend in January just a few days before January 2014 became the January with the most snow in the history of record keeping for the Ft Wayne, IN area at 30" which bumped 1982 to #2 & the blizzard of '78 to #4. Incidentally Feb 1st became the wettest Feb 1st in history when we got 1.14 inches of rain.... We're bracing for Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday afternoon now.

post-45-0-99527600-1391448562_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-77604100-1391448578_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-49103800-1391448662_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-40704800-1391448672_thumb.jpg

This poor beaten 2004 F-350 V10 does a lot for us, but this time of year she be a plow....still working on nuking the v10 so we can jam the 7.3 out of the van in there.....

I must add, not a fan of the power-v blade.....too damn heavy for what we need it for

post-14397-0-36060300-1391462752_thumb.j

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

lost this topic somehow. we have a 430 JD at work, boss paid 2500 for her, I painted it up, sandblasted and painted deck, rebuilt the engine, ,has a complete new rear, will mow grass wth the best of them and your right, hard to find any decent ones used. we are looking for a snowblower for it

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Had to go for salt to Newark. 40 trucks ahead of us. The state is out of salt and the port of Newark has no more salt. The state is hoarding the rest and the town road departments can't get any salt delivered but can send trucks to pick up I was told.

post-8724-0-37217400-1391525124_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-29694300-1391525179_thumb.jp

• Like 1

lost this topic somehow. we have a 430 JD at work, boss paid 2500 for her, I painted it up, sandblasted and painted deck, rebuilt the engine, ,has a complete new rear, will mow grass wth the best of them and your right, hard to find any decent ones used. we are looking for a snowblower for it

Did you check eBay? There are a few listed but not sure if they have the attaching brackets for the LONG nose 430. Brackets might still be available thru Deere.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

hey rob nice pic!! I heard that was a long nite. I'll take 2 a week for the rest of the winter. Jus not 1 day apart!! I see the jammer !! Where's the cowboy hat ??

No hat this time. We dumped in Franklin Lakes at 12:00. Went in this morning at 1:30 got done at 3PM. Rough storm. Heavy wet snow with a lot of breakage today. Supposed to run salt too Joe but they cancelled that.

Don't think anyone was upset they cancelled the load of salt.. Not much sleep since Monday.jus watched news.the monster storm has eluded us..too bad about the hat.. I'm sure everyone here would have enjoyed a pic of the lost member of the village people!!!

Don't think anyone was upset they cancelled the load of salt.. Not much sleep since Monday.jus watched news.the monster storm has eluded us..too bad about the hat.. I'm sure everyone here would have enjoyed a pic of the lost member of the village people!!!

Every time I pull the camera they bust my balls. lol! I try to get candid shots without anybody pulling their damn pants down but everybody wants to show their asses. :thumbsdown: I wasn't really upset about the salt either . I don't think I plowed a straight shot all night. Had to wait to daylight to wake up.