So what are y'all doing today

Eastcoastdiesel

This was my day. The dually was down, it just didn't want to fire this morning, just cranked even with a little squirt of starting juice. I had to use the shops 2500 Avalanche with the 8.1L gas. I wish we had this motor in a dually, pulls like a SOB but the wheel base sucks. 1930 Model A Street Rod and 2004 Indy SSR festival truck that was at Indy for the race and drove one of the race drivers around the track.

post-11944-0-06179400-1383256742_thumb.j

post-11944-0-25262300-1383256745_thumb.j

Was in the Gym 3 hours today .

Went to my buddy's place (he has a shop in the back yard) & has the lawn care business & Did a Tune up & sharpened blades on a 345 Deere Mower today , replaced the front right tire on the same mower (the 1 that was on it before my buddy slimed it & was almost bald as a baby's butt).

Fixed a tail light on the mower trailer. & my buddy welded some new weed eater racks on .

Another Slow day but @ least I got a few hours in .

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Dog on it, got up this morning and can't find my Mack cap. Go no where without it with me. Going to need it cause the girl barber got happy with my hair yesterday. She had a boy haircut and I guess she likes real short hair. Great Cuts won't let the same person cut your hair, each visit. These places are getting rich charging $12 up to $22 bucks for a cut. I've been in the wrong business.

mike

Dog on it, got up this morning and can't find my Mack cap. Go no where without it with me. Going to need it cause the girl barber got happy with my hair yesterday. She had a boy haircut and I guess she likes real short hair. Great Cuts won't let the same person cut your hair, each visit. These places are getting rich charging $12 up to $22 bucks for a cut. I've been in the wrong business.

mike

No. 5 or 6 for me. Usually go to Best Cuts (barbers stylists are all fat, tattooed, and ugly). I should get at least 33% discount considering.....

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I spent many weekends and lots of summers riding shotgun with my father in the right-hand seat of his two F-Model tractors. I saw so much of this country by the time I was 10 years old. I wouldn't change any of it for anything!!!!

To this day- the sound of a Robert Bosch injected mechanical Mack engine at idle.....Or the whine of the turbo on the same mechanical Mack engine just makes me smile and sends me back to the age of 8.

He likes going with me for an hour or two. That's about his limit. The job was by the load so there wasn't much time for anything. He likes being in my own trucks better. It was good though.

He likes going with me for an hour or two. That's about his limit.

I was making TN/AL/MS/LA/AR runs by the summer of my 8th bday. First "long" run was TX/AZ summer of my 10th bday. Soon after my 11th bday Dad came in off the road permanently and set up the beginning of JEVIC's first "safety department."

Did my first West Coast run in a conventional Freightliner with the set-back steer axle (yeah yeah I know I know....but look on the bright side, at least it had a 3406B set at 450 through a 13 speed RR) the summer of my 15th bday with my Uncle. Made a second west coast run the next summer in a T800 KW (same power train) and got taught how to drive (whether I liked it or not) on 80 west bound about 30 miles out of Des Moines. LOL

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

This is what I did today. Took the boy with me.

Rob

Man I spent many weekends and summers and any other time I could go with my dad Riding in the B,DM,R Crane Carrier,Autocar, and cornbinder. think the Cornbinder is the first truck I drove although on site. He was a nervouse wreck when I backed in next to another guy as he was loading and I had never done that before. at something like 8 or 9 years old might of been younger. If I wasn't riding in the trucks I was on the equipment, If not on was operating them. I wouldn't change it for the world

Well yesterday (I know it's a day late) I drove the new pinnacle to tuscola, il loaded up some beans for a driver to deliver to Bloomington, il today. I took my 8 yr old and since the Mack is an M drive I let him take a 5 mile drive they the country while I rode shot gun and pointed out the does and dont's.

Came back to the shop and painted my 5th wheel for the MH.

Yesterday my daughter and I went picked up a trailer load of Mack AB parts, pulled tires of my new old trailer, welded some wheels on my band saw stand, moved and relocated the shop wood stove and got on BMT, started to read this thread, went and dug up the septic tank lid for today, got on BMT was going to comment on Sleepwalkers truck that I did not know it was white, thought it was gray when I seen it last but my Army battle buddy called so I talked with him for an hour or so, ate dinner, went and closed up the shop and did some shopping, bought 3 pair of overalls 2 for me 1 for my daughter, got back on BMT to see what was going on reading some other threads, taped up my sons broken arm, hung out with the kids, then the wife, then the dog then went to bed.

post-10018-0-99013200-1383577148_thumb.j

Trailer I am replacing

post-10018-0-62389400-1383577273_thumb.j

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

My son tried to sleep in the RD wasn't having very good luck. LOL! A couple of times I had to push his head up. Oh here's another pic.

i find the macks with the high level interior are more comfortable to sleep in with the padding as a pillow lol. And i got yelled at for falling in front of the window too lol.

• Like 1

Matt

My youngest boy can sleep in the B with a straight pipe and bobble his head like a dog in the back window of your grandmas car :P

Sounds like me!

I once slept on the floor of a Ford L9000 w/a 318 Detroit (ex-Roadway). I was in a fetal position with my head against the passenger side firewall and my feet getting knocked around by the shift lever. Good thing the passenger seat was portable (milk crate, I think) or it might have been uncomfortable.

Jim

i find the macks with the high level interior are more comfortable to sleep in with the padding as a pillow lol. And i got yelled at for falling in front of the window too lol.

Always when you try to make a turn the head is in the way. He did manage to sleep for short bits since I got him up early.