The Euclid 8x4 Prime Movers of F.W. Hake (Hake Rigging)

kscarbel2

• 4 weeks later...

Next time any members have a problem with another member basic the best way is to send a private message to that member

[um what happened here ? werent we just enjoying the trucks then all of a sudden we got sucked into the ditch more pictures of these things they are great id like more info & less waaaa!/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Hake Autocar that was once owned by Gerosa Haulage. Gary

Hey Creeper, Great to see you here, Super clean shot of an old Gerosa rig still working, and right behind it is the nose of the ex-Gerosa AP-19

Ap40rocktruck

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

That yard off of Harrison Ave has a ton of BIG stuff. Wonder what it would take to get permission for a walk-about?

I'm in. Someone give them a call. These trucks are awsome.

I wonder if the Autocar is the one that Gerhart owns. That was a Gerosa truck. Mike

I'd be in for a little trip. Roughly an hour north of me on the NJTP.

The trucks can still be seen on Google Maps. The Gradall is in the background as well.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I'd be in for a little trip. Roughly an hour north of me on the NJTP.

The trucks can still be seen on Google Maps. The Gradall is in the background as well.

post-13134-0-09362300-1387415676_thumb.j

post-13134-0-67840500-1387415726_thumb.j

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

just found this thread from the last post. the yard used to be Harry Faulks, off Harrison Ave in Kearny New Jersey, on the road going into the Weldon Asphalt plan.

i have not been up that way in about 4 years so do not know the name of it now. 

Harry did a lot of buying and selling all over the country, and some overseas export too. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

OD are you going to continue posting your pictures of the week? Haven't seen them for awhile!. On that subject do you or any of the members read Hemmings Classic Cars? There is a picture in the latest issue of a house moving truck that the editors can't identify, it looks like the Euclid truck you posted in the last pictures of the week! Not the big off road model, the one about the size of a three axle tractor.

On 10/23/2013 at 8:16 AM, kscarbel2 said:

There was a time when America's truckmakers led the world in technology. The Europeans were clearly behind us in every aspect of truck design. America's most cutting edge truckmaker, Mack Trucks, for decades put the world on notice that U.S. heavy truck design was second to none.

And yet look at where we stand today. For a country in which trucking figures so prominently, it is a tragedy that all the trucks on the roads of America today, with the exception of Navistar and Paccar, are produced by the Germans and Swedes. It is a national disgrace that America no longer has the ability to compete and lead in our own domestic truck market.

We are the greatest nation in the world, and yet we have allowed our trucking industry to be sold out to and controlled by the Europeans. If our industrial might and abilty for cutting edge innovation is now resigned to the history books, we should all take lessons in humility.

This is so apt especially in today's America

• Like 1

• 10 months later...