1971 RS 700L @ Auction in Ohio 11/16/2013

fxfymn

I attended the auction today. The weather was decent, mid 50s and cloudy. Auction started promptly at 11a and ended just after 12noon. There was a nice size crowd of about 40 bidders and who knows how many Proxybid bidders. Several of the trucks sold to an internet bidder. I should have noted the bidder number to distinguish on-site and internet bidders. The V8 blocks/parts sold as a single batch. One of the blocks was originally in the RS700L. However, attached is the sale bill with the final selling prices and a few notes. I took some pics and will post later. FWIW, I did not buy anything except a donut.

post-3289-0-97849100-1384649880_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I thought that green and white would've sold for more than that, sharp truck for sure

The RS? If it had the original engine it likely would have brought more. I heard there was a frame issue.

As for the green and white F, I thought the white F was nicer.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

we got there at auction site about 9:00 am the green & white f model never stop blowing blue smoke that held the price down i thing the same bidder in tenn. bought them

What engine was in the green & white F model, that has to be the best looking F model I have seen.