Obamacare...

RowdyRebel

Of course they are, there are few more that should be pending but they are not yet, I think we need term limits and get make the "only for me" F*ck the American people out of Washington, maybe we could get the country back on track.

I have sent several letters to my senators and my congress man, and the congress man Republican Sam Graves is the only one who did not send back a generic response and he must be listening to the folks in our district because he has voted no on a lot of hot button issues. Senator Roy Blunt a career republican politician has voted yes to just about everything the president wanted along with another career Democrat Senator McCaskill.

When it comes time for them I hope there is some primary challengers and get those two out.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Term limits don't mean crap...they still get their pension no matter HOW they leave office. Screw that...the day they leave office, all pay & benefits should cease. Hell, most of 'em "retire" into 6-figure lobbying jobs while STILL collecting their taxpayer-funded pension. Rather than term limits, congressional pay packages ought to be reformed. I'd be in favor of 1/365 of the average wage earned by the residents of their district for every full day they work...as in they have to actually attend their committee meetings, be present on the floor to vote/debate, or if nothing else is going on be in their office where constituents would have access to them. Don't show up? Docked the day's pay. No more automatic pay raises...no "cost of living" adjustments...no more voting themselves a bigger paycheck. Want a raise? Push for policies which would encourage good paying jobs to move to your district, thereby increasing the average income in your district. When that goes up, so will your pay. And treat them as independent contractors...if they want health insurance, they can pay for it with a portion of their wages just like any other private citizen...maybe then they'd be less inclined to SCREW IT UP!

And no "special" treatment under the law, either...no "waivers". Whatever laws they passed are binding upon those who wrote the law, and punishment and/or fines for violating the law should be at least DOUBLE the statutory fine or sentence when a lawmaker breaks the law. Lawmakers income should also be taxed at twice the statutory rate for the general population to encourage them to keep tax rates reasonable.

Repeal the 17th Amendment. The people have their representation in the House. The Senate was the individual sovereign States' voice in the federal government. With the 17th Amendment, the States lost THEIR representation.

Those changes would do more than term limits. Hell, I've got a 1st term representative right now because the long-term incumbent retired when he realized how unpopular his vote for Obamacare really was. Rather than take a chance at being fired, he retired. Either way, though, he'd still be getting paid.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I fear the only answer is going to be armed. You seriously believe that he will just leave? The king now has the power of declaring martial law, the king has appointed a committe to "monitor elections and their results, his 30 million "new" citizens who will be convinced how they owe him. Yes I'm worried and put nothing past him.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Simple solution to Obamacare: Claim more deductions on your tax forms at work so that less money is withheld, or otherwise plan your tax payments so that you write a check and pay every April rather than getting a refund. That makes better financial sense anyway since the government does not pay interest on your tax overpayments throughout the year...if you get a refund, ya done gave 'em an interest-free loan. Anyway, the ONLY recourse the IRS has to collect the tax penalty if you choose you'd rather not pay it is to take it out of the refund you'd otherwise be entitled to. No refund? They cannot collect. No leins, no wage garnishments, no criminal prosecution...just an IOU that sits there until you have a refund they can steal. SO...if EVERYBODY who is opposed to Obamacare did precisely this, revenue collection throughout the year would slow, and then NOBODY would pay the penalty. Our government derives its power from the consent of the governed. If 3/4 of the population simply refused to comply with this BS, it would send a very strong signal that the federal government went too far and attempted to exercise a power they simply do not have.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/13/news/economy/obamacare-penalty/index.html

So how will the penalty be collected? Through your tax return.

But if some folks want to remain uninsured, it could be tough for the Internal Revenue Service to get the penalty. That's because Congress did not give the agency the authority to prosecute those who don't pay, a power it does wield over those who don't pay their income taxes, said Jay Angoff, a partner at Mehri & Skalet law firm who worked on health reform in the Obama administration.

Those who are owed money could see their refunds docked by the penalty amount. Others, however, will likely just get nasty letters.

"The penalties have little teeth," Angoff said. "Congress didn't give the IRS too much power."

Things we learned from the heaings today about the actions of Obama, Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and the unbiased news .

It's not a broken promise, if you never menat to keep it, on keeping your doctor and health plan.

Sebeilius does not anwer to the American People or any body else demanding info or her resignation. She only answers to the man who hired her. . . Barak Obama.

The Insurance web site failed not from incompenance from the contractor, BUT because of the incomplete National Healh Records Data Base the GWB presidency legislated to be created and .

Millions have gone to the sign up site to the tune of 55000 per hour . . . 24 hours a day.

As far as HHS knows no ones insurance rates or deductables have gone up and no body has lost their coverage in fact costs have gone down and coverage has gone up.

No one has had their hours cut back to beat the ACA as far as HHS and the White House knows employers have added jobs since the ACA started.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

4 years, 9 months and 24 days . . . it's still GWB's fault , stemming from Medicare part D in 2003!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2833111544001/white-house-blaming-bush-administration-for-obamacare-glitches/

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've always said elected officials should earn 1/365 of the average annual income of their district (the people who would be able to vote for them if they bothered to show up on election day) for each full day they work. Miss a hearing? Pay gets docked. Miss a vote? Pay gets docked. Etc. Etc. Etc. If they want a raise, they can either show up to a greater percentage of the meetings etc that they were sent there to attend, or they can work to enact policies which would encourage lower unemployment and better paying jobs in their district. Government handouts would NOT be counted as "income" and should probably be calculated as a NEGATIVE income for those individuals to discourage politicians utilizing those "entitlement" programs for anyone who does not honestly and truly need the TEMPORARY helping hand.

• Like 2

Now that our system of checks and balances and all opposition have been pretty much eliminated through the "nuclear option" watch what happens next, Obamamama is already saying the Second Amendment means only the creation of a state militia and not public ownership of any weapon and Shumwhore and Reid are talking of replacing or eliminating Supreme Court judges, increasing Senate terms to 12 years starting January and allowing a president unlimited terms. Watch the poop fly.

P.T.CHESHIRE