Mack Factory photo thread

they were all made in Allentown regardless if it said New York, New York, Plainfield Nj or Montvale Nj on the door. believe this is just where the corporate offices were at the time along with engine and component plants. the cabs were made out west and shipped in and then dressed ad the trucks were assembled in Allentown. ive heard horror stories to of guys ordering B models brand new in company colors and they would be shipped out of Allentown in primer and painted at the dealer. heard some bad stuff about paintjobs out of East Syracuse Ny Mack sales lol.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Probably the only time you could see that many G models at once.

That's what I thought.

I'd like to enlarge that picture and frame it.

How close can that be dated? The frames are painted the same color as the rest of the truck and that changed in 1960? I don't recall seeing the mufflers mounted that high on G models. Was that only done for a period of time?

frames started getting painted black on B models and other Macks in late 1961, early 1962. you could get a colored frame after that but it had to be special ordered. we have a few 1960's and the frames are geen and one 1961 and the frame is red. I have scrapped a few B61sx's with bad triple frames that were 1962's and they had black frames

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg