Australian Valueliner

It is now official that my 1990 valueliner is on the boat and headed to the USA. I really should not say mine but..........Glen's as This truck was bought brand new by a 21 yr old named Glen Menzies. He drove this truck for nearly 3 million miles! I wish I could scan the book he gave me full of pictures from the day he picked it up until it went on the boat. From what I can confirm this is the first Mack from Australia ever imported into the USA. The Australian Valueliner is totally different that the USA version. It was one of the most respected trucks that ever roamed the outback of the land down under. It is a favorite to this day and holds an incredible resale value because of this.

Congratulations on your purchase! Although I'll probably never see it in person, I still like that it will be here in the U.S.

Even the "Sheila's" over there seem to like Macks! LOL!....................................Mark

Ooh, that's sexy. Too bad someone is blocking part of the view.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's pretty neat!..and i've learned more about Australian trucks in the last few minutes than I ever knew before. Seen lots of pictures of them driving through deep water and never even thought about the rear end vents.

And, it would be a good unit for a mail delivery route with the right hand drive...might have to put some extensions on all the mail box posts though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I went to Ireland this past summer and rented a standard shift Renault Megane w/1.5l diesel. First time I'd ever driven on the left/wheel on the right.. Shifting on the left took a little getting used to, but the toughest part was making a hard turn into a parking space like you'd do in a parking lot. I didn't trust myself, always backed in with the mirrors. I can just imagine what an absolute gas it must be driving that beautiful Mack. It will be an instant hit at the truck shows if you choose to take it. That fifth wheel setup is very interesting indeed. Thanks so much for sharing this with the rest of us. :-)

Could not help myself. Took the truck for a run into California to buy some cheap liquor. Took along my old truckin buddy JD as he does not get out much anymore. A few pictures one on top of the summit and the other at the California border.

Out of likes but I LIKE! Freakin' fantastic and a bunch of BMT members...FREAKIN' JEALOUS!

When are the videos and sound bites coming? :banana:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Could not help myself. Took the truck for a run into California to buy some cheap liquor. Took along my old truckin buddy JD as he does not get out much anymore. A few pictures one on top of the summit and the other at the California border.

On the beer run... did you pick up a few tinnies of Fosters????.... if you change your avatar to 'Crocodile Dundee' and start calling us 'bloke' or 'mate' we will begin get worried about you going over the edge.

don't worry about the strange driving position.... I started out life on the right side of a truck/bus and drove a 69 Mustang in London... then came to Canada and had to use the other hand to shift, seems normal now, but every now and again I get to drive a former London bus here in Vancouver.... so, you get used to it... until you come to a roundabout, be warned, your brain starts to fail at this time... LOL

have fun with it

BC Mack