Auction in Iowa

41chevy

Well, it took more than a year and a 9 mile drive to the next town, but I checked out the Cameo today. It hasn't been placed in the main room but it is ready to go with all the dust and dirt still in place.

Four buildings are full of treasure with LS6 Chevelles, Shelbys, Ferraris. Trans Ams, Ram Air GTOs Hemis, GNXs, Boss 302 and 429, a SOHC equipped Cobra etc. Low miles are the story. A Studebaker with 300 miles, an Impala 348 tri power with 30 miles, a Trans Am with 37 miles, a 66 GTO tri power with 1400 miles, a Plymouth Savoy with 34 miles, etc. It seems like every vehicle was insanely low miles.

Also has a Pacer, Gremlin, Cosworth Vega, Pinto and a MustangII just for fun and all were just off the showroom.

Super nice guy owns the bunch and had some great stories on each one.

Nice to see a collection that has 4 door sedans! Those are the cars from my childhood (51 Mercury, 53 Chevy, 56 Mercury). Pop didn't get a 2 door until 1960 when he bought a new Starliner. That Red '63 Impala is close to what I had when I got married, 327, 4 speed factory SS Red with Black interior. Warned everybody what would happen if there was any "decorations" on it when we left the Church. Wish I still had it. Thanks for posting. Pau

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE