1965 864 MACK V8

Jocko

tryin to run antique equipment might put you out of business

Takes the right guy that's for sure.I wouldn't recommend someone without money or experience running these trucks to do so.Also working an engine with virtually NO parts support just isn't a wise thing to do...Engine is already burning oil correct?May not be just the heads.

You have a one of 220 truck with that engine in it, if you really want a 6 cylinder Im with the other guys, sell it and find another one or trade it for a 6 cyl truck, that thing is awefully rare.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Guess it depends mostly on how much work hes going to do on it to modernize it. Brakes, brakes are pretty important. A guy told me the old style brakes would slow you down a little before the wreck if you were empty. He said deffinately convert them to the roller style shoes. And as long as it will go fast enough you don't get run over is all you need.

That thing will make a real truck driver out of him. We are all soft from our cushy air cabs and big power and such anymore.

"That thing will make a real truck driver out of him. We are all soft from our cushy air cabs and big power and such anymore."

Heck I think im in high cotton now with the dm. 300 hp and power steering, never had over 250hp and never had a ps truck before. If i ever drove a air ride truck with air cab i wouldnt know what to do with myself LOL

• 1 month later...

Don't know how I managed to miss this entire thread but I did. Wow. It would be nice to have the V8...I've got the E6-250 HP...It's a nice engine and runs great but having the right one between the rails would be something special. I had the card of a guy who had an 815 with the Allison down near perthamboy where mine came from. I didn't know it was there till I went to buy the one I have...I like the Quad but the Allisons were made for trucks rated for heavy heavy hauling.

Anyway keep the engine retire the truck! It's too darn rare to screw up! We never did get the SN on that beast did we???

• Like 1