M Drive Issues

Mack Doctor Jr.

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2013 at 7:25 AM, Mack Doctor Jr. said:

Has anyone ever had any issues with the M Drive? He is my situation, we bought 2 2013's off of Iron Planet. We drove to Georgia to pick them up and only brought one back.

U could build air, push the yellow button in and while holding the brake put it in gear and move the truck. The next time u make a complete stop the truck would not move at all. U could mess with it buy building air and tapping the brake pedal and eventually get it to move and it would shift and fun perfect till u make a complete stop.

It seemed to me there was a connection between holding the brake pedal down to let the trans shift in at a complete stop. Im not sure if there is an airline that goes from the foot valve to the trans that was causing this issue. The air app. gauge was showing it was holding air somehow and not releasing to let the truck move. the truck would go in gear but the brakes would lock the truck down like u were holding the brakes as tight as u can.

The reason I ask about the trans is cause it only did this when u stop and make a gear selection and or just make a stop period. Trans shifts but the brakes are locked.

It rained in Atlanta for 3 hrs straight and when it quit the guys closed the doors to go home.

The grade gripper feature is the issue - you have to slowly pull away from a stop to deactivate this feature or push the cancel button - which will reset after about 20 mph once the brakes are released.