3000 White

other dog

OD

Is that one from Georgia?? There was one at ATHS in Huntsville in 2009 like that.. The had used the smaller 3000 cab from a Coke a Cola 1-2 ton delivery truck.

I don't know, it looks like the photo was taken at a truck show, but there was no information about it at all.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

OD

Is that one from Georgia?? There was one at ATHS in Huntsville in 2009 like that.. The had used the smaller 3000 cab from a Coke a Cola 1-2 ton delivery truck.

Brocky, all White 3000 series cabs were the same size. The later ones sat higher for more engine clearance and had a different shaped fender but ALL cabs were the same. There were different dashes. I verified this information with Roland Smith (the great White father).

Does anyone remember a 3000 White that was set-up for exhibition drag racing? seems to me it was purple,with a V-12 Allison aircraft engine? I looked,but couldn't find any pictures or info..........Mark

Interesting model. I tried to searched but I can't also find any information of it. Wish someone will give some info of it.

And "suicide Whites".

I know someone that died in one, but not exactly a suicide. A driver and his buddy were on the BQE and a truck in front of them hit an overhead sign and they ran into either the truck or the sign, the buddy was killed. I'm not sure if it could've been avoided but it later found that they were stoned off their asses.

Jim

• 6 months later...

I've got a 1954 white 3000 gas flathead 6 . the engine is 30in.long and say's white alover it. went to parts supply house and they cant figure what engine it is. they called a ret. mach. up and said could be hercules or continental . still cant find anything. I need to get head and exh.int , valve cover gaskets . can anybody help me find out what I have for eng. and help with getting parts. I tried to find this out in comp.but found nothing. thanks for now carl

I've got a 1954 white 3000 gas flathead 6 . the engine is 30in.long and say's white alover it. went to parts supply house and they cant figure what engine it is. they called a ret. mach. up and said could be hercules or continental . still cant find anything. I need to get head and exh.int , valve cover gaskets . can anybody help me find out what I have for eng. and help with getting parts. I tried to find this out in comp.but found nothing. thanks for now carl

Look on left side (drivers) of engine for a machined surface. There may be an oil filter mounted just above it. Unless it was repowered it is a White engine. I do not know if the number is visible even with the cab tilted.

post-9041-0-20857200-1396225330_thumb.jp

Thats neat. A friend of mine put a truck together for a friend of his. He used a Dodge dually bed on this project. Turned out nice

I thought. Have not seen the truck out since it was finished though. Took this pic May 2011. Probably collecting dust in a garage.

post-13943-0-81188500-1396309017_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

My dad had a white dump truck like the conventional, had a two stick, I was a little kid at the time, I remember how solid the fenders were, might have been 16 gauge! Both pickups look high quality!The 3000 looks factory, but I'd have preferred stainless mirrors.

On 9/22/2013 at 7:28 PM, 2stacksuperdog said:

I was told they call these things fishbowls.

post-13537-0-79581100-1379892497_thumb.j

Oooh my Autocar is next to it.

Actually it came to that show on a trailer behind the 3000 due to a plugged up radiator.