Road pics. My little endevour

slpwlker

Yeah floats up front, tag axle down, and a wet curve = possible fun rides for sure, I have taken one of those in a dump truck but I only made it to the shoulder (of course I crossed three lanes to get to it). I was coming into a right hand curve and when I turned the wheel I just went straight, I hit the tag axle switch and by the time the weight came up the left steer was in gravel and it straightened up, I think I was down to like 5mph or so I was almost stopped, long trip across a turning lane and an oncoming lane though! Glad all is ok and no damage, those rides are definitely not fun and we dont need to take me if we dont have to, you ready for a steer tag now? lol!

Yikes. Lucky nothing was coming, huh?

Jake

I really want a dual wheel steerable. Gonna take the axle off when we get home. Lifting chains and springs are wore out axle barely comes off the ground now has more scuffs from driving up then anything else. Had a super single on it at 1 time and Tx gave me hell on weights so redueled it. I would have to take all my fenders off to fit a single wheel steerable with a 425 or 445 on it.

How much weight do you need it to carry?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I don't think you'll ever get a dual wheel steerable on there. Best Specialized hauls all of our equipment at CSX and they run low pro 24.5 steers, 445 super single tags and 455 super single drives, told me they run 18k steer and 20k on the rest. And when I say super. Singles I don't mean float steers they are the 445/55-22.5's

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I don't think you'll ever get a dual wheel steerable on there. Best Specialized hauls all of our equipment at CSX and they run low pro 24.5 steers, 445 super single tags and 455 super single drives, told me they run 18k steer and 20k on the rest. And when I say super. Singles I don't mean float steers they are the 445/55-22.5's

I had supers on. Not foats like on the steers. 445/55 R 22.5's Texas wouldn't give me crap I had to say I had duals. More power to them. Just my experience. Only reason I went back to duals. I have seen the dual wheel steers but not many. Usually only big singles.

sounds like you got a Moron in texas, they are legal to 20k per axle on trucks and trailers with 5 axles why not more? I cant see a 425/65 being able to carry more weight and they are legal to 20k too. if you put a steer tag on and just used your old steer tires on it to run them out you would have a great source of tires, just think you would never have to buy another tag axle tire again, just pull your steers and swap em out.

There are several dump trucks here locally that run out there steers on the tag axle I might get into it when I get the next one, just depends on the axle arrangement Im looking at a quad so I would need low pro 22.5's but if I go with a tri axle ill run em out on the tag.

sounds like you got a Moron in texas, they are legal to 20k per axle on trucks and trailers with 5 axles why not more? I cant see a 425/65 being able to carry more weight and they are legal to 20k too. if you put a steer tag on and just used your old steer tires on it to run them out you would have a great source of tires, just think you would never have to buy another tag axle tire again, just pull your steers and swap em out.

I dealt with this for a year. Mn was another one that would give me weight but because of that tire they would go to bridge alot more and take an extra day to get permits. Now if I had 425's or 445 65 Rs it would of been different. Just my experience with Super Singles on the lift axle. If that is my only option then I'll take my steers off now and move them back. Also all the fenders will come off to make room

If they will let you run the weight with your 425's I would go for it. You aren't thrilled with their traction anyway so you can run em out on the tag and go get some better steers. You said your springs and chains were worn out on your tag, is it a new at tag with the coil spring lift? I have been looking into tag axles again lately and the newer steer tags are ridiculously light compared to the older straight axles. Between dropping four 22.5's for two 425 floats and changing to the lighter axle you might drop 500-1000# off your tractor.

This thing is factory with the truck. 1 coil per sode length wise with the frame with a small chain at the end. According to the door tag 17k lift. I can get 20 when I crank the weight down and slide forward but I normally run 18+/-. about 100psi is normal for me with 70 on the drive bags

This thing is factory with the truck. 1 coil per sode length wise with the frame with a small chain at the end. According to the door tag 17k lift. I can get 20 when I crank the weight down and slide forward but I normally run 18+/-. about 100psi is normal for me with 70 on the drive bags

thats an old Neway, they re getting hard to get parts for , Neway quit making them years ago rogers Manufacturing in Nashville tried to buy the patent and keep making them since they were so reliable but Neway said no.

should have backed the excavator off and used it to pull your self back up the hill !! haha

Jamie

That would work if it was a perfect world but he would have gotten the pads dirty and then the receiver would have charged him $5000 for cleanup. Lol!

should have backed the excavator off and used it to pull your self back up the hill !! haha

Jamie

I really couldn't unhook also probably would of slid of the trailer. Now had I had a Bucket and stick I wouldn't of drove it into the ground but I would of put enough down force on the bucket to drag my self out with Ann attempting to put some tractive force with the truck. Damn carebear would of shit.