U.S Diesel truckin nationals

2 STICK PUPPY

I never made it up. I was going to go after work but today was a motorcycle poker run (150 miles) and instead of going to the Nats, I wound up cleaning the bike and putting on my new Zombie levers and getting the saddlebags back on. I asked some dude that comes into my shop if he was going to the DTNats and he said "yeah, lots of custom pickups there so its going to be cool" - I have never been to the show but after hearing that I had less interest in going if I couldn't roll in with the General, which is still at the repair shop. I don't mind the Petes and KW's but 250 diesel pickup trucks trying to be a big rig I can pass on that.

I haven't been to Englishtown for quite a few years,personally I don't care for the current trend in "overdone" show trucks,that have never seen anything but the inside of a garage! I much prefer to see a super clean working truck that someone has put some blood, sweat & tears into,washing,polishing,touching up paint etc. Much like the trucks that showed in the early eighties or nineties. Don't get me wrong,i appreaciate all the effort and time that goes into a show truck,just not the loud,overdone,16" straightpipe,goobered up petes and KW's with suicide doors of the new generation!..............MarkPicture one,REAL dumptruck!.....picture two,not so much!

I haven't been to Englishtown for quite a few years,personally I don't care for the current trend in "overdone" show trucks,that have never seen anything but the inside of a garage! I much prefer to see a super clean working truck that someone has put some blood, sweat & tears into,washing,polishing,touching up paint etc. Much like the trucks that showed in the early eighties or nineties. Don't get me wrong,i appreaciate all the effort and time that goes into a show truck,just not the loud,overdone,16" straightpipe,goobered up petes and KW's with suicide doors of the new generation!..............MarkPicture one,REAL dumptruck!.....picture two,not so much!

Mark, You just said what I have always thought to myself! It's nice to see a little bita touch up an paint on a workin truck with a nice greasy 5th wheel an spit shined finish with some Mothers an Speedy an Rain Dance! An that's the tough truck the workin mans truck!

BULLHUSK

• Like 2

I haven't been to Englishtown for quite a few years,personally I don't care for the current trend in "overdone" show trucks,that have never seen anything but the inside of a garage! I much prefer to see a super clean working truck that someone has put some blood, sweat & tears into,washing,polishing,touching up paint etc. Much like the trucks that showed in the early eighties or nineties. Don't get me wrong,i appreaciate all the effort and time that goes into a show truck,just not the loud,overdone,16" straightpipe,goobered up petes and KW's with suicide doors of the new generation!..............Mark

Picture one,REAL dumptruck!.....picture two,not so much!

Absolutely. I find working truck with a few battle scars much more appealing. Just wash and show.

• Like 1

Jim

That is a sweet DM there!! He has a couple. Not sure i ever saw that one. I've seen the white w red body.. A blue one I believe ?? That one there is awesome !! Love that color

Same one Joey. He only has the one but he has an RD and a single axle 335 Pete. He changed all his colors to red and white.

Dig that R wrecker.

My thoughts exactly, something about a super clean R model.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"